Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for doing a new thread, but when I didn't find what I was looking for right away, I lept straight to bothering ALL OF YOU.
Anyway, the range indicator on my used to be new, but now quite old 2014 Honda CB1140 has a range indicator that will say you still have 20 miles of range left, but guess what, IT'S EMPTY NOW. Of course I will intelligently experiment on my own, but I wanted to ask the forum, "RITT LARGE" if I can ride that range indicator down to zero and then happily find out it's empty then!!??
And I included an image of my bright Twin's 12 miles of range left and of my fuel additive, which I've learned over 5 years in Hawaii can damn well be just fuel in a PINCH!!!!
Thanks guys!

Attachments

·
Registered
522 Posts
The Speed Twin fuel gauge/ range indicator is a little erratic. I generally don’t let the fuel run right down but it seems on the Speed Twin you can keep on for another 20-30 miles after it hits zero.

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the input. It is then apparently a lot better than my Honda was.
Thanks again.
-StreetShark

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi
I have 2000km on mine now and every time I fill up my calculated actual fuel usage indicates more left than instrument indicates. I still haven't run it down to reading near empty but I am confident of getting 280 -300 km from a tank. Last weeks ride used 22.4 km/litre.
Hope that helps.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I’d never base the accuracy of my fuel gauge or distance to empty on what someone else achieved with their bike. They’re all different. You also won’t necessarily always get the same reading from your bike every time. I recall telling my wife she’d be fine to ride her Street Twin the 10km to home with 30km showing. I was wrong and still haven’t lived it down. On the other hand, I have had both my Tiger and Thruxton down below 0km left and it turned out that each had more than a litre left in the tank.

·
Registered
42 Posts
To add to what @CanberraR3 said, I have had BOTH happen on my 2018 Street Twin. Once, it died on me while indicating 7 miles left and once it went for over 5 miles with the range indicator displaying --- (Triumphspeak for empty I think)....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts