Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Two miles if I go the short way. I usually take one of the cages. The time it takes to don and doff gear is almost as long as the commute itself.

·
Registered
25 Posts
25 miles each way. I work in North Wales, not far from the Ponderosa & some of the best Biking roads in the UK. Usually go by car but in the Summer will take the bike.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
My direct commute was 40 miles each way but it was typically 56 miles each way with my detour of 18miles over a tight canyon road to break up the freeway flying.

·
Registered
603 Posts
95 km round trip if I go into the office. Varies +/- 10 km if I go to a client site.

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
114 miles a day. Back and forth from Henryetta Oklahoma to Jenks Oklahoma. Travel a rural highway( Hwy 75). Snow and ice i do not ride. The last few years we have not got much of either.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 7mi round trip. It's all city streets, so rarely faster than 45mph. I honestly feel like I'm doing my 765R a disservice by commuting on it.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
From my back door to my shed about 30' at the most lol, 6 years since I took a redundancy from my GOVT job and now early retirement my work now is in my shed doing what ever I like, working on my bikes, building or making things can amuse myself all day, have also built a few motors and build a Harley for a uncle all paid cash in hand, but no longer doing that as I have my own bikes to look after and one Norton I am building for my daughter, my hobby and life is now my job and loving every minute of it even now with this crisis and lock down, just wish I could take the bike out for big long run, but am doing the right thing.

Ashley

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
16 miles round trip. No freeway. One of the few silver linings of Covid is traffic here right now is light enough to make commuting by motorcycle enjoyable. Only allowed to go to the office once a week, so it becomes the best part of that day. .

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
I commute 60 miles every day. Almost exactly 30 miles each way, 95% of it on highways. I work different hours every day, so I encounter many different traffic patterns. It takes me anywhere from 28-45 minutes to get there or back. I am very fortunate that I get to ride the bike all year long. I don't even own a car (my wife does though :))

41 - 52 of 52 Posts