Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Haggis, Thanks you for the info and Yes the 3 clinder 885 Tbird was the one I was talking about. As for ABS, is this something that is necessary, or just a very good upgrade for breaking safety? Also, when did Triumph offer ABS on any of the Tbirds and or Tigers?
Argy 78

·
Registered
127 Posts
Gravel road riding and weather one bike can do over another, actually comes down to the attitude of the rider, I've seen some on Trail Bikes "freeze up" (worst thing) and I have overtaken them on my previous bike (Ducati S2R)
I've tested a Street Triple over a long section of gravel and never had any moments . . . attitude attitude and a bit of skill

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks everyone for your input, now I am off to find a nice 98-04 T-Bird. I'll post some pics when I find one. :)
Ride Safe!
Argy 78

·
Registered
127 Posts
Gravel road riding and weather one bike can do over another, actually comes down to the attitude of the rider, I've seen some on Trail Bikes "freeze up" (worst thing) and I have overtaken them on my previous bike (Ducati S2R)
I've tested a Street Triple over a long section of gravel and never had any moments . . . attitude attitude and a bit of skill

Opps I did forget to say that tyres are supremely important also as modern sportbike tyres can't handle to much gravel . . .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks MMax for the heads up. Which tires would work best for my type of riding, 80% two lane back roads with nice twisties and 20% gravel roads?
Argy 78

·
Registered
127 Posts
Thanks MMax for the heads up. Which tires would work best for my type of riding, 80% two lane back roads with nice twisties and 20% gravel roads?
Argy 78
Argy, harder rubber compound tyres would be better, I know here in NZ the gravel can be quite sharp and can cut soft compound tyres (the only reason I would avoid unsealed roads) I have done many years of Adventure riding (in NZ it's just fantastic) If I had room in our bike pen a full rigged Tiger would be good (my Girlfriend would object to me kicking out her Harley)

21 - 27 of 27 Posts