Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I am getting buffeted by wind on the freeway and am thinking about getting either a flyscreen or windshield. Will this help or does this worsen the handling on the Adventurer? It has been suggested that the National Cycle Plexistar 2 is a good windshield for this bike. Any other suggestions?

PS. I live in the foothills near LA and do have to deal with a lot of wind and traffic so looking for something that will help me ride this all day.

Thanks,

Dave

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
My properly adjusted Plexistar 2 is great. I have not had any handling issues.

The installation was very easy.

It is very nice to have in the cold weather and on long trips.

Once the temperature gets over 70 again, I will most likely not use it except on long trips. It provides a little too much coverage when it's warm.

I rode a Bonneville with the Triumph Flyscreen. It was good for keeping the wind of my chest but did nothing for my head. I like to wear a half-helmet and the full size windshield works better for me.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have big windshield (roadster, cruiser- i don'n know how it is called) that came with bike. Normaly I have it in my garage- I don't like the look, I don't like idea of addind too much things on the bike (get into car then:)). Last year went on a long trip and installed windshield- it was perfect:D Good for my arms, because I don't need to keep handlebar so strong, no flies, no tired neck, everything was great, even fuel consumption better. But.. when came back, removed it again:D

·
Premium Member
6,462 Posts
I have a medium sized Puig screen which uses two fixings to the handlebars. It's good quality (German) nicely curved for a good shape, not too wide & I've raked it back a bit. That & not going too big I think helps reduce turbulence. Had it up to 125mph no problems. No effect either way on fuel mileage.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Mine looks like this

someone wrote somewhere that it is unpredictable wind influence when you're with big windshield- there's some truth. When rode from Gibraltar to Sevilla, there was wery strong left side wind from Atlantic. It was strange that I don't feel any wind with my body, but bike gives my signs of it... But nothing serious during 6k miles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts