Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
No garage is a "dealbreaker" for me. I currently have a two car garage and there are no cars there. The garage is for my four motorcycles. It is the only part of the house that is mine and I make up the rules for it. I did have a house that had no garage but I had a nice shed built so I had a place for my motorcycles. If there is no place for my bikes, there is no place for me. And when the garage gets too hot to work in, my motorcycles come indoors in the air conditioned Arizona room.
Build one of these for your bike.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,023 Posts
Can't... Stop... Myself!

You kept your GF in a storage space all winter? No wonder your ex left.

:laughhard
Hey it was heated. They even let me visit her occasionally.

·
Banned
2,175 Posts
+1 to the shed suggestion. I recently have been re-assigned to Japan and a garage is not offered with base housing that we have to live in. I purchased a 14'X14' kit shelter similiar that what was already posted. To me, this was the only route for me to go in. I could fit three bikes in there if I had to and with just one bike, I am able to work on the bike as well as having a shelter for it. The one I have also came with shelves that run along the inside walls at three different heights so I have plenty of space to store things. It definitely isn't as nice as having my own garage but it is the next best thing with the situation that I am in right now.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Go to the nearest heavy duty truck parts yard, buy a 16' or longer truck body with a roll up door and a side door, set it in your big back yard. Tell your wife it's temporary until you build your shop. You'll get your shop quick that way(or a divorce).

·
Registered
412 Posts
The Speedway shelter works fine for me. i keep my lawn tractor under it when i have too. I end up playing "musical bikes /tractors " with my Shelter but at least they are covered and out of the sun, rain? whats rain? we don't get much here in San Diego, Des.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm with Travelling Tenor - no garage is a dealbreaker. Keep looking man. Theres millions of houses, but only ONE "your" bike...

·
Registered
26 Posts
I tore my garage down to build a new and larger one. In the meantime I bought a 6x8 Tuff-Shed from Home Depot for about $1,000 and currently use it for other stuff. This little shed is very well built and dry.

Another solution is a big blue tarp set up like a pup tent so you could just ride the bike in and get off.

I've tried the waterproof covers and that didn't work for me. I tried a bed sheet under the plastic to shield it from the hot exhaust but that becomes a two-step process and a pain to repeat every day.

One more solution is to build your own version of the Tuff-Shed probably for half the cost. The two man crew that showed up to build the shed were really efficient. They built the floor structure from 6" metal studs, covered that with wafer-board, stood up four pre-assembled walls, and stick built the roof but all the pieces were pre-cut. The had 3 or 4 different nail guns, several paint rollers already wet with the right color, and they were out of here in an hour and a half and on to build the next one.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
If you do not have a dry space with walls, a roof, and a floor of some kind, your bike and shop tools will suffer. Get an extra 10 grand with your home loan and and add a garage on as soon as you can. You will not regret it...

21 - 30 of 30 Posts