Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on the tachometer i thought we had blue lights that went off when we hit a certain rpm to tell us to change right? well how do i lower what rpm that is while i am still in my break in period just wanna see what it looks like, thanks

·
Registered
582 Posts
Lets see if I can remember it. (I'll check the manual for you tonight as my memory is crap)

Turn the key on and switch the engine to run.

Then hold the left and middle button for three seconds.
I think the letters "Scale" comes up.

You can change between 3 modes; I think it's off, scale (where they light up incrimentally) or just the three center ones at the shift point.

Select which on you want and hit "set".

Then it will take you to the 1,000 RPM limit. Select what you want (the needle will move) and hit "set".

Next is the 500 RPM limit. Select what you want, say, 10,500 rpm and then hit set.

and you should be good to go!...I think.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I don't have the manual in front of me, but from what I remember, I believe you have to hit the two buttons again after each setting to proceed to the next step. Also, it's 1000rpm set limit, then it's 100rpm set limit instead of 500. It lets you fine tune it quite a bit!

·
Premium Member
4,788 Posts
Both replies thus far have mentioned that taboo word: manual.

And strangely enough, that is the answer. Like they say in the spahetti sauce commercials, "it's in there."

·
Registered
904 Posts
I had the dealer just turn mine off at delivery - I usually do most of my shifting around 6,000 rpm, and otherwise just shift when I feel I need to be in a different gear. The lights really are not that useful for regular street riding. I could see them being more benefit if you like reving it really high.

Neanderthal

·
Registered
112 Posts
The lights look cool at night; that being said, I never bother looking at them.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I've got mine set at red-line and I actually use them often when riding hard. I can see them light up in the daylight without ever taking my eyes off the road.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
when i do what was told to me in the direction it just lets me change my clock time haha, someone please i lost my manual, let me know how to do it

·
Registered
151 Posts
Is the Street Triple cluster the same as the Speed Triple?

Speed triple- turn on the ignition only, Press the `Trip' and `Scroll' buttons simultaniously for four seconds, after 4 seconds the tachometer needle will move around to the last set position, and the word tAcho will apear in the clock display.
Press the `set' button for 4 seconds, after four seconds the rev limit will be set to zero.

Pressing the set button again at this point will turn off the gear change lights.

To change the setting in increments of 1000 rpm, press the `scroll' button. the first press will start the setting at 3500 rpm. Each individual press will then increase the settings in increments of 1000 rpm.
When the correct setting is shown press the `set' button to confirm.
The settings can now be changed in increments of 100rpm.
When the correct settings are shown pressing the `set' button will confirm the setting.

·
Premium Member
4,788 Posts
when i do what was told to me in the direction it just lets me change my clock time haha
Well, since this is not something most people ever mess with after the bike is broken in, it's not surprising that folks' memories might be a bit hazy. I think they were good tries, anyway. Darksider's version is the closest, and you can get where you want to go that way if you're careful. However... it does take Triumph four pages in the manual to explain ALL the possible options!

someone please i lost my manual, let me know how to do it
You really need that manual to reference on an ongoing basis, Adam. We all do at some point or another. Unless or until you get a new copy from your dealer, download it directly from Triumph's Handbooks download page. Nearly all measurements in that version will be metric, but it's still plenty useful.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts