Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you all know it's a reminder for maintenance...

Owner's manual says to have your local dealer perform the maintenance and clear the wrench. I'd like to clear the wrench after I do the maintenance....

·
Registered
148 Posts
Iirc, you need to buy "Scantool", or was it "dealertune". Either way, you need to buy a program.

Eta: dealertool

Sent from my MB855 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
578 Posts
cant TUNE ecu do this?

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
cant TUNE ecu do this?
For more thorough explanation search this board for old threads. But the summary is that no it can't and it never will.

Reason is that the TuneECU cable does not support the CANbus protocol that the wrench clearing (and also I think ABS adjustments?) require.

Judging from the above, the wrench is stored in the gauges, not the ECU. And TuneECU cannot talk with the gauge unit as CANbus is the only data path there.

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
I'd like to replace the whole lump with a simple speedometer and tach..anyway to do this?
If you have 08+ bike, then there are few major ballaches on gauge replacements:
- Your bike will not start without OEM gauges online on the CANbus (meaning you will have to hide them under the tank somewhere).
- As the ECU <-> gauges communication is mostly CANbus, you will have to tap most signals at the source sensor -> you will end up with a bit of an untidy octopus of wires.
- As the some signals are coming from ECU only, and are CANbus, you will lose these signals altogether as you cannot pipe them to new gauges.

·
Registered
532 Posts
If you have 08+ bike, then there are few major ballaches on gauge replacements:
- Your bike will not start without OEM gauges online on the CANbus (meaning you will have to hide them under the tank somewhere).
- As the ECU <-> gauges communication is mostly CANbus, you will have to tap most signals at the source sensor -> you will end up with a bit of an untidy octopus of wires.
- As the some signals are coming from ECU only, and are CANbus, you will lose these signals altogether as you cannot pipe them to new gauges.
Well......alright.......I guess I'll live with the stock gauges then...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts