Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had this same Elu Router for 25 years ish and the bearings started squealing last year . As they don't make them anymore and it's top notch kit , bought some new bearings , brushes and wavy washers , gave it a bit of an overhaul and cleaned it to within an inch of it's life .

Ordinarily I wouldn't dream of broadcasting photographic evidence of my condition to the general public , but thought there might be some folk on here with similar ...........Foibles :)

20190404_134214.jpg

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
I've had this same Elu Router for 25 years ish and the bearings started squealing last year . As they don't make them anymore and it's top notch kit , bought some new bearings , brushes and wavy washers , gave it a bit of an overhaul and cleaned it to within an inch of it's life .

Ordinarily I wouldn't dream of broadcasting photographic evidence of my condition to the general public , but thought there might be some folk on here with similar ...........Foibles :)

View attachment 719073
You have a long lost brother named Dave, lives in the US?
I work with a guy that does the same thing, if we're on a job and he's assembling something it looks just like your pic.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I put a new fireplace in a couple of years ago and was caught in the middle of it never to be forgiven .

·
Registered
873 Posts
I would do exactly the same as you (maybe not quite as neat), I'm a bit old school and will always try and repair something if possible rather than just throw it away, partly just for the challenge, it's rare nowadays though in our throw away society.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would do exactly the same as you (maybe not quite as neat), I'm a bit old school and will always try and repair something if possible rather than just throw it away, partly just for the challenge, it's rare nowadays though in our throw away society.

Nothing's ever completely knackered , we've been duped .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts