Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 282 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread is for TRIUMPH RIDERS Mostly Northside but if the ones on the otherside of town want to Ride over they are Welcome. If you want to Join us for a Ride Post on! All TRIUMPHs & All Ages.If you want to Bring a Friend on another Brand Bike its OK. We Ride Safe . I was Going to post a Ride for Sunday but it look's like Rain,but if it changes we will Ride ! Our Rides Meet 0n 1960 & this is not a RAT Group.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I was planning on riding my bike to work this weekend and just my luck its gonna rain!!
Its nice to ride the bike specially with our messed up streets its amazing to see even 45 has potholes now! messing up my car's suspension, with the bike I have no problems!!

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Well I be go to hell. Look at this Big Dawg, another new list for the Northside boys. This thread has been around for a while now.
Looking forward to riding with you all again real soon.
I'll probably wear a paper bag over my head so noone sees me riding with a bunch of windshielded bikes.:LaughAtYou
See you guys soon.
later
:Devil3

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Well I be go to hell. Look at this Big Dawg, another new list for the Northside boys. This thread has been around for a while now.
Looking forward to riding with you all again real soon.
I'll probably wear a paper bag over my head so noone sees me riding with a bunch of windshielded bikes.:LaughAtYou
See you guys soon.
later
Frank that Windshield is Warm on Cold Days but if you just have to wear that paper Bag over your Head OK ! We need to get GUS out with us on the next Ride,and Brandon !:Cigar

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Frank & Brandon Do you fellow's want to try & meetup Sunday if its not Raining ? Maybe do a Triumph thang ! let me know.:Cigar

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hey Guys, I will not be able to meet tomorrow (Sunday). Wife wants to go to church, and seeing as I rode the Forest this morning, I'm in a weak position from which to bargain (not to mention the Daytona 675 that "fell into my lap"). Post the next ride a few days in advance, and I'll put it on the wife's calendar. Lol
See you guys soon. Have a good time. If the weather tomorrow is the same as today, you'll be quite pleased.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
:CigarCharlie, sorry i missed the post. Been sick. Went to the doc Friday and took off work. Feeling much better.
I'll stay tuned in for any further activity. Ready to ride again soon.

Congrats to my Texans on their win Saturday.
BTW, got a PM from our frinds up north. Made my day.:Happy
Later an hope to see and ride with all of you soon.
later

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
:CigarCharlie, sorry i missed the post. Been sick. Went to the doc Friday and took off work. Feeling much better.
I'll stay tuned in for any further activity. Ready to ride again soon.

Congrats to my Texans on their win Saturday.
BTW, got a PM from our frinds up north. Made my day.:Happy
Later an hope to see and ride with all of you soon.
later

Get better Buddy we have some riding to Do ! I had to Buy a New back Tire (240) changed out the Drive Oil & Greased the Spline. story Later ! How About those "TEXANS"

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
:CigarYea, I'm ready for a new tire also. Think I'll go with the avons this time and will get the spline greased at install.
Sorry I hven't got by to see the new bike room. Got some junk for it you might be interested in.
See you soon and it's been a while. We need to ride.
later and have a great day.

BTW, what have I done for my little people to freeze up and not do their thing? My smileys are not working.:Dang

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
:CigarYea, I'm ready for a new tire also. Think I'll go with the avons this time and will get the spline greased at install.
Sorry I hven't got by to see the new bike room. Got some junk for it you might be interested in.
See you soon and it's been a while. We need to ride.
later and have a great day.

BTW, what have I done for my little people to freeze up and not do their thing? My smileys are not working.:Dang
:Devil3 How's this for a Smiley ?

Be carefull who you let change out your tire, there's some real Goober's out there! :Cigar

the Soggy Bottom Boys at British USA

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Charlie, who did you use and what rubber did you go back with? Thinking of using Polaris again.

Weather doesn't look bad for a Sunday run or at least a meet up.

Need to blow the cobwebs off of my bike.

Later and that's an impressive smiley.lol

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Charlie, who did you use and what rubber did you go back with? Thinking of using Polaris again.

Weather doesn't look bad for a Sunday run or at least a meet up.

Need to blow the cobwebs off of my bike.

Later and that's an impressive smiley.lol
Well I be Damn I was getting ready to Call You! I went Back with the same rear Tire( Metzeler)Iron Horse on Spencer Did the Balance after British USA tried but didn't get it Done (Story Later not Good)I removed the wheel myself.The Weather Look's Good for Sunday ! Starbucks 1960 at townsen/Wilson rd ?? let me Know where & Time? Maybe some other Triumph Guy's want to Ride!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Well I be Damn I was getting ready to Call You! I went Back with the same rear Tire( Metzler)Iron Horse on Spencer Did the Balance after British USA tried but didn't get it Done (Story Later not Good)I removed the wheel myself.The Weather Looks Good for Sunday ! Starbucks 1960 at townsen/Wilson rd ?? let me Know where & Time? Maybe some other Triumph Guy's want to Ride!

Charlie, where is Iron Horse?? I got tires from Discount Motorcycle Tires right down the street from British USA. Nice people and good price. Just call a few days ahead to make sure there have went you want. I like the Avon's better then the Metz. Better mileage and better grip for me. I know some people like the Metz and thats fine. I got 3300 miles out of a new rear Metz, and that just sucks. Got 8800 out of the Avon. A lot of two up riding and a easy throttle cable. I 'm seeing that Bridgestone is making tires for the Rocket now also.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Charlie, where is Iron Horse?? I got tires from Discount Motorcycle Tires right down the street from British USA. Nice people and good price. Just call a few days ahead to make sure there have went you want. I like the Avon's better then the Metz. Better mileage and better grip for me. I know some people like the Metz and thats fine. I got 3300 miles out of a new rear Metz, and that just sucks. Got 8800 out of the Avon. A lot of two up riding and a easy throttle cable. I 'm seeing that Bridgestone is making tires for the Rocket now also.
Hey Ken- I think Iron Horse is close to where you told me that Discount MC Tires is !2212 spencer Hwy. They Have a Good spin Balancer & the Old man is Very Good,they will Balance my wheel's and will let you watch them! & it rides Good now! Metzler $256.00 is that good ?Ashley B-USA Also That Honda Moly60 Grease for the spline StuBBs. I got 8000 out of the metz but it had a flat spot on the Bottom. I was Ready to try a Avon before I went with eight weights but it didn't come to that They took it to Iron Horse . And All is Well. I thought you were Darkside! Later Charlie

1 - 20 of 282 Posts