Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody...just installed a pair of HOT-GRIPS (made in the USA!) on the Thruxton. They were fairly easy to install, with good instructions. I put them on and used RTV high-temp silicone to secure them to the bars. They have their own 'glue' but I'm a maverick and think I always have a better solution...

Following the instructions, I hooked up the grips to a 12V source and let 'em warm up to cure the adhesive. It's also a great chance to try 'em out, so I put on my standard (unlined) leather Tourmaster gloves and sat on the bike, gripping the grips...pretending like I was riding. The grips warmed up after about a minute, and were quite warm even through the gloves.

They come with a 3 position switch (Off, Low, High) and are pre-drilled for 7/8" or 1" bars. You can also get the bar ends drilled for your application with bar-end weights.

I'll post my actual riding impressions as soon as a cold day comes around. It was almost 80 deg F here most of this week, so I'll wait 'til it's a bit nippy to try them out. Here's a pic of the new grips installed:

Cheers,
BLIGHT:motorbike:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Symtec Heated Grips

I'm sure you will like your heated grips as if you have warm hands it seems to keep your whole body warm.
I have fitted Symtec grip heaters on 3 of our bikes 9 Though not on the Thrux yet ). The Symtec heater element pads are wrapped around and glued on to any size bars and use any normal grips so they can be replaced when the wear out. There are two heat settings controlled by a simple toggle switch which can be mounted where you like . They are made in the US and are about 30 bucks.
I do not work for Symtec , just think there jolly good.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts