Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Darn Hot Here

My throttle cable should be on my front porch via UPS when I get off today. The projected temp for this afternoon is 103 with a heat index of 110. I think I will wait to around midnight to do the install, only going be around 85 then. There no rain in the forecast other than an occassional pop thunder storm. Since the TBS has been down I have ridden the Rocket III back and forth to work each day. This afternoon that big arse three cylinder motor will feel like a blast furnace in traffic. All in all it still beats the ice, snow, and cold weather hands down, so my bitching is done............

Let me also give some praise to D&D Import Cycles in Norfolk Va. They had a replacement cable in their dealership in four days. Bryan, the owner, sent it immediately with instructions to send a check when it arrives. That kind of customer service is a thing of the past these days. Great Dealership with good people........

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
On the Road

Back up and running. I really don't want to do that again anytime soon. The install went fairly smooth other than a stripped thread on the air box that secures the cheese grater. I think pods is moving up the winter time to do list with a bullet....................

21 - 22 of 22 Posts