Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,
I think this has been a discussion point some time ago..
has anyone had the problem of burning your inner thigh on the frame...??? :???:
Being short I have to sit right up on the tank.. so to speak so my leg is right on the frame.. yesterday at our annual Toy run I ended up with a burn about the size of a Tennis ball on my right inner thigh..
is there a way to stop the heat?
has anyone done any mods to reduce heat to the frame.. please I need to know as I love my sprint.. but if it continues I may have to sell it.. :( :( or invest in heat proof trousers.. (may not be a great option up here)

any suggestions greatly appreciated
Cheers
Jen

·
Registered
323 Posts
Thanks to all those listers who contributed to educating me about the heat kit. I had it ordered by my dealer. It took about two weeks to come in and they installed it in about an hour. All covered under warranty. It was pretty hot at times on my calves during the warmer weather. Never a problem during the now cooler weather but I'm glad I got it taken care of. Contact your dealer and get it done. Worked for me.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi guys, thanks for the input,
yep i wear jeans as it is far too hot for leathers...
even draggin jeans are a killer...
I will talk to the dealer here.. they all think Im nuts.. suppose it is because I have the first 05 sprint up here that I will be the one complianing about the problems first.. if that makes sense!!
Yeah Russ....I did think draggin jeans may be the next option..
I do wear leathers when I race and even in that time it is a killer in this hot weather.. but I do agree safety is utmost importance!!
I will let ya know how I go
cheers
Jen

·
Registered
8,111 Posts
Jen, you could always just ride faster. :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
I assumed you had actually gotten the heat kit in place. That's such an old subject now I hope everyone's past it. Beyond that, maybe wrap some heat tape around the parts that are causing you grief?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
On 2006-12-04 09:02, Longpath wrote:
I assumed you had actually gotten the heat kit in place. That's such an old subject now I hope everyone's past it. Beyond that, maybe wrap some heat tape around the parts that are causing you grief?
Yeah Ive noticed warmth before... but never thought to complain about it.. but this was a long slow ride (Which I rarely do).. and the heat of the bike, the day and slow speed obviously got to me!!! (or my leg actually)

Anyhow Ive got the dealer onto it now..
so all should be good soon..
yeah I like your theory steven.. just dont go slow.. works for me :razz:

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
coconuts....
:razz:
guess its better than blue paint!! :wink:

·
Registered
561 Posts
Jen,
I solved the heat problem by fitting the heat kit and putting mesh over the openings in the fairing (check my album) which draws the heat out. Now I'm not a rocket scientist but it is obvious that you don't have to heat kit fitted as yet and although it is an old subject I am glad you brought it up. Isn't this is what this site is about? So people can ask questions and get sensible answers. Anyway Jen try the heat kit and having spent a bit of time up your way I know how hot it can get on a bike. Good luck mate, and have a safe and happy Christmas.

Cya The Tankman
:chug: :chug: :chug:

P.S. have a bundy on me.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Tank,( yeah some people say im a bit slow.. so I was a bit slow on this topic too I guess)
The mesh sounds like a great idea too.. will give it a go..
you have a happy and safe chrissy too
cheers
Jen..
mmmm lots of cold bundy for christmas.. yep will definantly have one for you cheers

·
Registered
561 Posts
Jen,
I don't think you are too slow, and as far this topic, I'll leave that to others who answered your tread, you don't learn unless you ask mate. Today down here in Tassie we had our Toy Run which with a state of 10,000 registered bikes a turn up of 9,000 isn't a bad effort. Also the temp down here got pretty warm, don't laugh 33, anyway the heat shielding worked pretty well so good luck and give it a try.

Cya The Tankman
:chug: :chug: :chug:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts