Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that someone has been through this routine on this list, can anyone advise me please?

I fitted a genuine Triumph High Mount CF pipe to my near new '06 Daytona a few weeks ago. The bike runs very hot now in traffic (light traffic), if it gets hot it takes ages to cool back down even on the open road and, although the exhaust note is pure heaven, the bike seems to have lost it's urge.

I was charged for a TOR tune download by my dealer but my gut feeling says that the bike is running lean. It doesn't feel right.

I estimate the bike to be running about 12 degrees C hotter than prior to the fitting of the exhaust. Now, my understanding was that fitting the off road pipe and tune added between 5-8 horsepower but I feel that I've lost at least that and probably more...

Are there "other" TOR tunes? Different versions? Any way of checking that a TOR tune was successfully downloaded?

All advice appreciated.

Linz
:cool:

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
Linz, When it's hot here (100F) the two D955is here run up to 221F (105C). The fan comes on at 217F (103C). This seems normal for these Daytonas all over.

If you don't have SAIS you should have the 10181 tune loaded (10179 with) and idle speed should be 1200-1250 RPM. I only ran my bike 50-60 miles with the TOR can before getting the remap. It surged at steady RPM and ran a tick hotter. It seemed to take a few starts for the remap to really take hold, but the bike pulls from 2K on up smoothly. The map really makes its presence felt above 6500 RPM.

The dealer that put my map in didn't charge me to double check it (my idle was a bit low afterwards).

Brad

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Brad.

Thanks for your reply. I'm not sure if Aussies Daytonas have the SAIS fitted but as we tend to follow Californian pollution regs here, it wouldn't surprise me.
Is there a visual way to check?

Linz :-D

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
Linz, The best view is had by removing the left side infill. At the top of each cylinder will be a rectangular, convex piece of sheetmetal if non SAIS. There will be a hose atop each cylinder leading to a cannister if w/SAIS.

Brad

1 - 6 of 6 Posts