Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As it's getting warmer I've noticed a jet of hot air coming from the left side, rear, bottom of the fuel tank. Obviously it's engine air venting out. It's just that it's blasting on my upper thigh. Other than "Cowboy Up", "they all do that", any inventive ways of dealing with the experience?
:D

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
Not much, unless you can make some kind of deflector for it, and even then it may not be all that effective.

I hear that Antarctica is nice for riding a Trophy this time of year: Jim

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Well, you can do what I did -- park the Trophy for the summer and buy/ride a naked standard. I bought a Legend back in '01. I'd probably buy a Bonneville today for warm weather riding.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had to work hard with the CFO to get the Trophy, another bike is not an option. Maybe when the leg gets hot , time to pull over, have a cool "beverage", and carry on.
:icon_drink:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had to work hard with the CFO to get the Trophy, another bike is not an option. Maybe when the leg gets hot , time to pull over, have a cool "beverage", and carry on.
:icon_drink:
I am really surpised how my feet/legs/thighs get so hot on my new to me 96 Trophy and am worried the motor is overheating. I don't expereince any particular hotspots, just general broiling. Even on a mild day in the seventies, my entire gas tank gets so warm that I don't want to put my legs against it when I am riding. It seems to me this should not be the case in mild weather. The hot coolant idiot light has not come on. Do Trophy's always run this uncomfortably hot?

·
Registered
485 Posts
They do put out some heat and most noticibly on the left side. It is normal. They can be a little uncomfotable sitting still in summer or in traffic.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This has been bothering me a bit, bought my 900 about 3 weeks ago, temp gauge shows fairly cool, can't say I've heard the fan cutting in. From the comments above it seems to be normal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts