Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I've got a 2004 America and while I was changing oil, I noticed two hoses underneath the bike that attach to the bottom of the airbox. One of these hoses has a small rubber plug in it, the other one is open. The dealer removed all the air restriction/EPA stuff when I bought the bike. Said it would breathe better. Are both of these hoses supposed to be plugged, or just the one, and if they're supposed to be plugged, then what is their purpose?? Thanks in advance.
KC

·
Registered
32 Posts
From what I have seen on another post both blugs are suppose to have plugs other wise unfiltered air is going to the engine.

·
Registered
32 Posts
From what I have seen on another post both are suppose to have plugs other wise unfiltered air is going to the engine.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Both tubes are for drainage of the airbox. One tube is pre-filter, one tube is after-filter. I leave my pre-filter tube open, but plug the after-filter tube. The plugs can get blown out of the tubes if you get a carb backfire. To avoid this NEVER apply throttle during engine startup. ...just pretend, for a moment, that you have electronic fuel injection.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts