Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As much as I love my cafe racer (and I looooovve this bike), I need to get out from under a credit card even more.

Here is the rundown:
2000 Thunderbird Sport
I have owned this bike since it had around 3k miles on the clock
Approx 55k miles (odometer isn't accurate because I switched to the S3 gauges)
1996 Daytona Wheels with orange rim-striping
1996 Daytona Forks with gold valve kit
1996 Speed Triple Gauges
1996 Speed Triple ECU
Sprint Gold Anodized Steering Damper
LSL Gold Anodized Clipons
Brembo Brakes and stainless lines with red-anodized fittings
CRG bar-end mirrors
Gold Pazzo Racing Levers
Fork Gaiters
Mecatwin fender eliminator with Hyperlite LED brake light.
2006 Speed triple indicators with radiator shrouds
Almost new Pilot Powers 120 front 180 rear
DID gold chain
Dunstall exhausts (using the stock, black brackets, not those pictured)
Paint on tank is good shape as the tank was replaced in 02 under warranty.

It currently has velocity stacks made from Boddington cans and needs jetting, but I can swap back to the airbox.

Truely one-of-a-kind, and cooler than the majority of bikes in your town.

larry at zoomdesign dot com

[ This message was edited by: TBSstunta on 2007-01-08 09:54 ]

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi Larry,

Sorry to hear you're selling but understand your situation, been there done that etc.

Can you tell me about the S3 indicators and radiator shrouds as I had the same idea. Is it a straight forward fit?

Hope you get yourself sorted and mobile again soon.

Paul

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can't sell the other bike as it belonged to a friend who died of cancer.

Radiator shrouds are pretty straight forward, but both bolt holes don't line up. So I bolted the lower one and superglued the head of a bolt to cover up the top one. Works quite well.

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
Just for the record we dont normally encourage "for sale" postings outside of the classifieds and I would normally move / delete them. But as this is such a well known bike of special interest I'll leave the thread here. :hammer:

I feel for you Larry, I've been there myself I have considered selling my bike several times for similar reasons but never actually gone through with it. :(

[ This message was edited by: MickMaguire on 2007-01-04 08:15 ]

·
Registered
844 Posts
Sold my HD years ago for that reason. At least you have another ride. Looking forward to your continued participation here.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
This just makes me sad. I know it's a motorcycle, but I also know it's your baby. Good luck man. :(

Kem

·
Registered
139 Posts
that's really a shame man. i feel your pain though. i've thought the same way recently but i don't think i could ever do it. with any luck you'll sell it to somebody who will hardly ride and lives close enough where you can keep tabs on it.

a friend of mine sold his '55 fiat to some yahoo car nut who seldom drove it and kept it in heated storage. five years later he bought it back after another friend ran into the guy and struck up a conversation about old cars.

either way hopefully you'll hang around the boards and who knows if you don't get another t-bird you always seemed to talk about them scramblers.... :upthumb:

·
Registered
919 Posts
No snow and 48F on the 8th of January in Stockholm, Sweden....and now Stunta is selling his bike...it's the end of the world as we know it. Time for a cry :(

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
On 2007-01-08 04:07, Spooner wrote:
No snow and 48F on the 8th of January in Stockholm, Sweden....and now Stunta is selling his bike...it's the end of the world as we know it. Time for a cry :(
It does seem kind of eerie doesn't it.

Kem

·
Registered
844 Posts
We have your snow -- more coming Thursday. Denver. And it is expected to be a high of 10 degrees f. Can't get to my bike without post holing it to get to my shop anyhow.

Bummer stunta. Take a lot of pictures before she's gone.

·
Registered
520 Posts
This has got to be a joke right? Look, I don't post here as much as I use to but one thing I know for sure....this bike is as much art as it is science and ...well...frankly...it's painful to see it go.

I KNOW it's worth 7G's. Wish I had the coin. This bike has been such a creative inspiration for me....next thing ya know Mick is going to let his go!

Will you still share you knowledge here? There hasn't come a time when someone knew hasn't seen your ride and thought "wow...I could do THAT to my bike?"

What ever happens, thanks for all the posts and advice and pictures and inspiration.

Jimmie

1 - 17 of 17 Posts