Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wasting some cash and doing my part to stimulate the economy and have a device that I need to attach to a techmount.

I have clip-ons on my S3 (bar mounts are not an option) and am curious to know if anyone knows about a hollow steering stem nut that can confidently be used as an alternative to the S3's own. I would dearly like too be able to use a steering stem-mount Techmount if at all possible.

Does anyone know of another model motorcycle or other third party source that has one that will work?

many thanks in advance (and fingers crossed)

·
Premium Member
3,030 Posts
Drilling a hole on the nut you already have would be the easiest solution. The OEM nut has a smooth round part that matches a machined recess on the top clamp, so I doubt other bikes would have an identical OD nut.

Or get one of the Techmounts that clamps on the front fork tube.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm wasting some cash and doing my part to stimulate the economy and have a device that I need to attach to a techmount.

I have clip-ons on my S3 (bar mounts are not an option) and am curious to know if anyone knows about a hollow steering stem nut that can confidently be used as an alternative to the S3's own. I would dearly like too be able to use a steering stem-mount Techmount if at all possible.

Does anyone know of another model motorcycle or other third party source that has one that will work?

many thanks in advance (and fingers crossed)
it seems to me like i have seen some anodized ones on Brent's newspeed3.com site. i think it has a hole in it. i just looked and didn't see it on his site, might shoot him an email at [email protected]

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feedback fellas, Martin, I actually had the idea of the forkmounted techmount in the back of my mind in case there was no way to get a replacement stem nut.

Fattyface, many thanks, I'll check into the possibility asap..ta!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts