Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This bike is fantastic.
I hadnt ridden for a week due to work commitments and the icy weather.
Got back on the road the other day, and every time without fail, the grin factor is delivered in major bucketfuls.
I get itchy when i don't ride after a day or two. Soon as i look out of the curtains in the morning i think, is the weather rideable?
There's no real point to this post, it just had to be said.

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Same (sort of) here.

went out last week, but this weather is grim (can be sunny, but you can just feel the de-icing salt clinging to everything).

Going to spend sometime this weekend on TLC, plus air in tyres, lowish pressure and wet / slightly icy roads do not make for a good combination...:eek:

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Ice? Salt? My bike has never seen such stuff!

We are pretty luck over here, riding season is all year round.
Today is forecast as "Pleasant, 27C".

Take it easy in the ice...

Cheers,

Roden

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ice? Salt? My bike has never seen such stuff!

We are pretty luck over here, riding season is all year round.
Today is forecast as "Pleasant, 27C".

Take it easy in the ice...

Cheers,

Roden
27C? i have to emigrate.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Snow

We just finished a 36 hour dump of snow -- 35cm! And now with the high pressure moving in behind the storm, it is clear tonight and -16 C. That stuff is here for looong time. Time to go and hibernate :SLEEP:

·
Registered
25 Posts
being from the UK I can relate, heard you are getting some nasty cold weather just now. My remedy was to move to Perth Australia.......25-30 degrees and sunny this weekend.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Did 1000km on a superb ride last weekend

...from Canberra with my local Ulysses Chapter. We rode to the little spot called Tallangatta in NE Victoria, by way of the NSW Snowy Mountains.

Superb weather and great twisty roads with lots of altitude changes and virtually no car traffic.

Only thing is - I rode my ST3 Duke, having defected from the Sprint in September. I got stung for an A$850 service just before the weekend and $490 for two Pilot Road 2s, but I love the bike.

We are blessed in Australia, but what I would give to ride in the Scottish Highlands again like I did as a Brit 30 years ago. A tour of the European Alps must also be done in the next few years.

sorry for lurking, but this is a great Forum to re-visit.

Dave

Attachments

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was working on a Roof the last two days in Gladstone and it was over 39 degrees Celsius up there!:veryhot:

It was a nice warm 30 C in Brisbane today.

Cheers,
DaveM:cool:
Do you guys ever get such a thing as Rust?

·
Premium Member
24,231 Posts
Do you guys ever get such a thing as Rust?
Truthfully 321Go,

we do have very cold places, in fact the desert areas (very large part of Aussie) is very cold at night.

But there are regions that get heavy rain and snow and very cold temps, it just isn't like that here in South East Queensland where Steventhechef, Roden and a fair few others of us live, here it is sub tropical probably more similar to Florida in the USA.

cheers,
DaveM:cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts