Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
2,152 Posts
The US auto execs. have traded in their Gulf Streams for Hybrids so who knows.

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
It makes good financial sense in these trying economic times. I've often wondered how racing teams and organizations would survive as they drifted farther and farther away the technology needed in every day life. NASCAR's response was the Car of Tomorrow.

The high horsepower wars may be over. Better run out and buy that Mercedes-Benz AMG SL65 Black Series now. It'll be a museum piece in 5 years or so. :(

·
Registered
8,091 Posts
I thought that back in the 70's when petrol skyrocketed but the Aussie V8 is still selling well (in a diminished market).

Ford FPV's and Monaros sold well. I feel that they still make a good investment IMO.

The Ford GTHO are still going through the roof as collectors items. I think the Monaro will be the same in the furture, expensive petrol or not.

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
The story that goes with your picture of the Ford Falcon GTHO cracks me up. Selective thievery. :D Got to admire people who know what they want. One has to wonder what color the car is now or in what high-profile celebrity's garage it resides?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Honda says they are done.

Maybe Bernie can completely kill F1 if he works just a little harder.

Zip

·
Registered
8,091 Posts
Cat, they are worth such big bucks here now. My father in law had one, actually my wife learned to drive in it!! :rolleyes:

Makes you laugh really how values are a relative thing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Maybe Tata will replace Honda. They could bring out a high performance Nano F1 model powered by a Briggs and Stratton 800 series engine. LOL.

HarryV

·
Premium Member
17,294 Posts
The high horsepower wars may be over. Better run out and buy that Mercedes-Benz AMG SL65 Black Series now. It'll be a museum piece in 5 years or so. :(
The news is saying $1/gal may happen in the near future. The slowdown won't last forever. Muscle cars will always be with us, at least as long as we use gasoline or something like it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts