Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As i have stated in post before i am a builder of endurace motors for honda cars.

I was finishing one up the other night and was putting on a new oil filter. i keep them on a shelf with my filters for the tt and my wifes car. I got to looking and noticed that the honda filter is the exact same thing as the one for the tt. the only diffrence is the length. about a half of a inch longer. at $4.00 from the honda dealer you bet i am going to start getting them there.

I did take the filter off the bike and made sure it went on without a problem. perfect fit.

get one for a 90+ civic.

·
Super Moderator
8,839 Posts
I used PurOLator PureOne filters on my TT600. They cost something like $3 from GI Joes in Seattle. As far as I know, they are exactly the same filter for all kinds of things including all supersport Triumphs from the original TT600 through the newest D675. I use a K&N filter on the 675 out of sheer laziness. The motorcycle shop is a whole lot easier to get to than GI Joes, so the bike has been getting Motorex oil and K&N filters. If GI Joes was closer, it would probably have a PureOne filter and automotive synthetic oil (without friction modifiers).

·
Registered
394 Posts
I just can't bring myself to install a white or blue filter on my Yellow and black S4. :puke:

Its gotta be black.. so its either Bosch or OEM. :-D

·
Registered
38 Posts
On 2006-11-13 10:42, Yak wrote:
I just can't bring myself to install a white or blue filter on my Yellow and black S4. :puke:

Its gotta be black.. so its either Bosch or OEM. :-D
Paint it with high heat paint :-D . I have not bought a 'motorcycle' oil filter in a year and half at least.

G

·
FILTER NEWS FOR UK RIDERS

Midnight - what model is the Honda??

In UK we cannot get the Puroline(?) high spec long filter that you US guys love. Of course we all want more filter area. TO get better cooling and better oil flow.

So what Honda car is it off? A can of black Smoothrite will sort the colour out!!

Jon G :-D :-D :-D :-D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts