Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search but can't seem to come up with the definitive answer. What year and sub model CBR forks are suited to the stanchions/internals mod? I know it is the F3 model with 35mm RWU forks but all the forks I see advertised are from sub models: FL FM FN etc.:confused:

Help! Thanks

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Not sure what RWU refers to, but they're 41mm Showa forks found on CBR F3s between (I believe) 1995-1998.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dur, Brain seizure on my part:eek:. Of course they're 41mm and not 35!!!

Thanks for the help.

RWU means Right Way Up. Don't know if they use that term in the States but a lot of UK bike rags use it to distinguish them from USD (Upside Down) forks.

·
Registered
487 Posts
The above info is correct 95 to 98 CBR F3 forks. Make sure they are straight !!! Mine were not ,and I have gone to plan "B" for my front end.

·
Registered
74 Posts
does anyone have any pictures of this mod?

·
Registered
487 Posts
Not much to see while it's on your bike. Other than the CBR F3 tubes being 1.45" longer.
In the pic below everything from #1 down are from the F3 tubes including the tubes them self. Everything above #1 are from your Thruxton's lower legs.

I was all set on doing this mod this winter ,had a set of 95 F3 forks all set to go ,and found out they were not in the greatest condition ( I got EBay-ed good). Going the Traxxion route know.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I did this mod in 2004, got the forks for 192.00, Race Tech Gold Valves and Springs were added along with new fork seals. Set up per Race Tech and Traxxion recommendations. I would use the Traxxion emulators now, they had no such thing in 04, but seems easier than trying to find good used F3 forks. The best years are 97/98 as they had improved valving.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts