Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My clutch cable is severly frayed on my 2000 Sprint ST. I've read on here that a Honda cable from an XL100 will work as a replacement, but doesnt have the metal downtube.

I was curious if anyone had any input on the suitability. The Honda cost half as much (20 v 40$) and the dealer is 30 minutes closer.

Thanks!
Zack

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
Hi Zackb911,
I think Yam has a fitment that will work also. There should be a PN up in the stickies.

Don

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw the Yamaha one too but that is just as far as the Triumph dealer. I was really curious if the Honda/Yamaha alternatives are more for when one is in a jam or whether they make for a good permanent replacement.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,389 Posts
I saw the Yamaha one too but that is just as far as the Triumph dealer. I was really curious if the Honda/Yamaha alternatives are more for when one is in a jam or whether they make for a good permanent replacement.

Thanks!
Try here:

http://www.triumphrat.net/maintenance-tips-and-tricks-for-your-sprint/31199-sprint-st-aftermarket-part-numbers-2nd-try-2.html#post414574

I think several members have used them successfully. Some tie-wrap them in tandem to the regular one.

Don

·
Registered
935 Posts
As I remember there was a recall on the '00 clutch cable because of very same issue. The cable on my '00 was replaced free of charge. Apparantly there was a bad batch or something.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts