Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
I'd love to see one in the US. It will never happen. And if it ever did you'd have to act fast to get one.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Went and looked at one of these a while ago... The idea was promising, but the looks didn't deliver for me - too big, too low, too cruiserish rather than genuine retro CB750 looks.

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
I really don't understand what they are waiting for and why they aren't, as of now, thinking of selling it in the US. I can't see why it wouldn't be a big hit over here.

I actually think it would hurt the Bonneville sales.

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
I don't get it either, Irish. I think it would do well here. Instead all you'll see from Honda in every bike mag is the NC700X...with the auto tranny option.

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
I don't get it either, Irish. I think it would do well here. Instead all you'll see from Honda in every bike mag is the NC700X...with the auto tranny option.
The NC700X makes me want to go into a catatonic state, wear beige shoes with velcro laces and drive a Toyota Camry.

It seems a lot of times that the Japs just aren't big risk takers. They seem to have a long history of taking design risks that other manufacturers have made and perfecting them, but not taking design risks themselves. I'm sure there are examples to the contrary, but I can't think of any right off the top of my head.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
It's gorgeous. I'd buy it in a minute. Very retro. Not cruiser-ish at all to me. Add the larger engine for better performance, get some Ohlins on it, then add in traditional Honda reliability and an extensive Honda dealer network across the country....and you have a real winner.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
I really don't know if the big earthquake/tsunami thing might have affected production.

I doubt it but maybe.

·
Banned
9,333 Posts
Went and sat one in Melbourne a year back or so, I was very impressed.

Definitely not cruiserish...
I can see this with a set of clip ons, gets me all chubby just thinking about it.
Would it impact Bonnie sales?
I don't know, but if the average punter thinks like me, then yes, it was definitely in the picture. Had a lot going for it.

Here it is in black. (the fastest colour.)

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
I can see this with a set of clip ons, gets me all chubby just thinking about it.
My buddy from work, Dan, is coming over during the Barber festivities at our house. You're going to have to get him to let you ride his 19845 Honda CB700SC. It's like showroom. It's a cool bike and the new Honda CB1100 reminds me of it.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I really don't understand what they are waiting for and why they aren't, as of now, thinking of selling it in the US. I can't see why it wouldn't be a big hit over here.

I actually think it would hurt the Bonneville sales.
I am amazed at the bikes that the Japanese send to Europe but not here to the US. I am really interested in picking up a Kawasaki Versys to make into a lightweight cross-country sport-touring bike but want ABS. It's offered as an option in Europe but not here in the US. Europe also gets a 1000cc version of the Versys while here in the States we only get the 675cc version.

It is what it is.

·
Premium Member
948 Posts
I think it's beautiful! If they ride as good as the look I'd buy one!
Maybe Honda is scared they'd go the way of the HD XR 1200 that is being discontinued, great sales the first couple years then sploosh.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Went and sat one in Melbourne a year back or so, I was very impressed.

Definitely not cruiserish...
Something like this?

·
Premium Member
2,849 Posts
Well I think we know my view, I'd have one in a heart beat. I just love it and hope it's at the show this year.

H

·
0 Posts
I would buy one. Both of the Thunderbird Sports I had were very similar in looks and this one has fuel injection.

The TBS were the sleeper hot rods from Triumph that no one recognized till they were gone. Honda will miss a large market if they don't bring it here.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts