Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright my surgery went well, and the stock airbox now is gone but retained its battery boxness, and ultimate holder of various things. It was pretty simple and straightforward, just removal, cutting bits off, and some clever engineering.

The carbs were rejetted with 145 mains and 42 pilots. It runs good, all the way to redline (almost past) and goes like heck up to the end of the speedo (120MPH!!) and feels like it could keep going, but ***** I was scared!

The only two problems that remain are: 1.) it still doesn't pull as hard as I would like it too in fifth at top speed. 2.) there is no carb brace. Is this something I should try and get (read engineer) to hold them a little tighter, or is it not a big deal?

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Customcafe - I went 24,000 miles with no carb brace with no issues. I do have the HD stainless clamps. If you are interested I have a carb brace that came with my BC air box eliminator kit. Send me a PM if interested and I'll send it off to you. May take me a few days to track it down though. JCW

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
heres some pics.

[ This message was edited by: customcafe on 2006-11-19 23:10 ]

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The only advantage to the homemade kit is the money factor. It costs about $115.00 to do it yourself. **BUT** I need to stress that if you are not patient, and have no penchant for engineering, you are much better off with a premade setup, like a nark, or the bc setup. That being said, It took me about three hours, start to finish to do this mod.

cheers, jason

·
Registered
58 Posts
That looks easy and cheap, just like me. Where did you get your K&Ns? Part number? I'm planning to do this very soon.

d.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I ordered them from brent at newbonneville.com. Look on the perfromance page, you will see them listed.

cheers, jason

·
Registered
683 Posts
On 2006-11-20 09:56, customcafe wrote:
The only advantage to the homemade kit is the money factor. It costs about $115.00 to do it yourself. **BUT** I need to stress that if you are not patient, and have no penchant for engineering, you are much better off with a premade setup, like a nark, or the bc setup. That being said, It took me about three hours, start to finish to do this mod.

cheers, jason
How about some part numbers for the K&N's and maybe a vendor.....pleeeeeeeze

·
Registered
666 Posts
New Bonneville / Truxton doesn't post item codes.

Follow this link to the K&N pods

http://www.newbonneville.com/html/cone_and_pod_filters.html

I have priced them elsewhere and I do not think you will find a better deal and of course Brent is a good guy to deal with and worth taking business to. From TX to GA shipping would not be too much

·
Registered
102 Posts
Can someone who has the K&N's not just post the part number???? (presumably it is on the packaging) "Brent has them" is great if you are in the US, but not so great if you are in the NE of Scotland.

On second thoughts, now that 1 of our British £ is worth $2, maybe I should order them from the US!

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
I can't imagine that you can't get them through Jack Lilley if you are in the UK.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts