Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,
Just a few photos with my progress so far on my new (to me) 2006 Speed Triple.
Bike came with 2 high mount Staintune Mufflers but I am a fan of the low mount short single muffler. I was also given 2 extra seats with the bike, one being a Corbin seat that looks like Carbon Fiber finished and there is also a gel filled seat.
There is a MIVV slip on of the somewhere on the way from Italy to me. Should be here next week.
I have made out of alluminium a Tail Tidy and number plate holder.
Once I am happy with the finished product, I will get it powder coated black.
The rear blinkers will be mounted in the unused mounts where the high mount mufflers normally bolt onto the sub-frame. This will also require a couple of mods but should look ok.
I have also replaced the standard chrome bars with some triumph black fat bars and some bar end Triumph mirrors.
I have a set of Pilot Power Pure on the way from the States also.
Here's some photos showing my progress so far.
Your feedback will be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
168 Posts
exactly what I'm looking to do to my scorched yellow this weekend with my old daytona 675 taillight I have can I ask how the taillight is mounted up to stay in place or possibly a pic of it mounted without the black undertail

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
exactly what I'm looking to do to my scorched yellow this weekend with my old daytona 675 taillight I have can I ask how the taillight is mounted up to stay in place or possibly a pic of it mounted without the black undertail

I used a small piece of 30mmx30mm alluminium.
I haven't actually got a shot of mine so I put a photo up from another thread that I found here somewhere. I hope that its ok to use it.
The KTM is my Mud playing toy.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts