Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone, i wanted a simple fender eliminator kit, but all of them were wayy to expensive. So I decided to make my own. What do you think?

this is when i mounted the turn signals on top, next to the brake lights. I didnt like it after a while so I moved the signals to the arrow straps.

·
Registered
108 Posts
nice job solanki ... i'm thinking about doing the indicator relocate ... might be this weekends project

·
Registered
961 Posts
So how did you make it? I'm actually getting ready to do the same with an extra rear fender that I've happened across. Aiming to cut it down to size...

·
Registered
84 Posts
I like the stock brake setup with the reflector and little tail it has. I think it flows with the bike so I plan to hack off the stock plate holder and do a custom one as well.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So how did you make it? I'm actually getting ready to do the same with an extra rear fender that I've happened across. Aiming to cut it down to size...
Hey sorry it took a while for me to get back to you. I was with a friend and we fabricated 2 brackets out of light weight 6061 aluminum which took a bunch of tries to get right.

I am actually working on getting a kit ready that includes all the hardware, and the brackets (painted black) along with detail instructions and video of how to do the install. I dont want to go through all the effort if there is no interest. The price is set at $50 shipped. Pm me if your interested. If I can get atleast 10 people interested, then I am going to go forward with it.

Thank you.

·
Registered
261 Posts
The street triple is the easiest bike in the world to make a fender eliminator out of.

$5 worth of material at the hardware store and a little time is all it takes, you can even use the factory lights.

EDIT: yikes! had those pics for a year but never realized they were so blurry~~~

·
Registered
40 Posts
can either of you guys just post a quick snap of the assembly so I can get an idea of how to do this. or a DIY.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I will see if I can dig up pics of mine, but its really simple.

The tag bracket is just a piece of angle (steel or aluminum will work) that is drilled to accept the plate, and it mounts to the rear foot peg brackets. It locates the plate between the pipes going into the cans. The factory tag light was installed underneath the tail with a screw that goes into the " storage area" behind the battery. The turn signals are also attached to small pieces of angle that attach to the can brackets.

·
Registered
261 Posts

These are my current turn signal mounts. I went with these after removing the twin Arrows and going with a shorty exhaust. With the twin high mounts, I just added a small piece of angle going toward the rear of the bike that attached to the can bracket. The turn singnals bolted to the angle. Simple ,but no pics, and I dont plan to dig the Arrows out of the box for pics.

EDIT: you can see my temporary tag light in the above pic...the stock light works, but I had mine boxed up with some other stuff and was too lazy to dig it out at the time...

·
Registered
363 Posts
I need to make one myself. Have an old comp tower case that is just the right width for the tag. Looks like you have yours way up underneath Dave, thinking mine will be right below the tail light assy. No speed cameras around here to hide from, for now, heh.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.