Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally inststalled my clear alternatives all in one signal light, and I think it looks awesome. I removed the long fender.

But...

I don't want to pay any real $$ for a license plate holder. I know a lot of you made your own. Could you help me out with the specs? I don't have any tools like vises, or drill presses. So I need somthing relativly simple. I do have drill, dremel, and jig saw.

A while back I found a post where someone just bought some metal from home depot, and bent it, but I can't find that post.

Info or links are appreciated!

Burrrr, it's nice is SF!

PS: I did do tons of searching, but you only get 100 posts back and I kept on getting the same posts!!!! grrrr...

[ This message was edited by: Burrben on 2007-03-04 22:20 ]

·
Registered
51 Posts
Crash,

Two questions:
1) Why the blilnkers? Did you choose to not go with an integrated taillight for a reason? Was it legal? As I live in the area, I don't want to get busted for something stupid I could avoid.
B) Do you not sweat lighting your plate? I thought the "law" says that the LP needs to be lit. I have moved mine up under the seat, bolting it to the rear peg mounts, and have been worrying how to light the plate.

·
Registered
344 Posts
two words......

zip ties :-D

·
Registered
484 Posts
I did something similar to crashmasterd with mine. I used a piece of aluminum from a salvaged street sign, but also made one out of 18gage steel.

I kept the turn signals for one reason - keeping them was cheaper than buying an integrated taillight!

Total cost - $0

Total time - about one hour

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Maybe you mean

THIS

Even easier if you don't have to make the "ears" for the turn signals.

Note: Use 18 ga. steel or aluminum. The initial 22ga. was too flimsy and jiggled like Suzanne Sommers in her prime.

[ This message was edited by: R100Pilot on 2007-03-05 10:18 ]

·
Registered
74 Posts
i made mine out of a $0.68 piece of steel strapping from home depot and all i used was a drill, 2 screws (to hold the strapping still while drilling), and a wooden bench (to screw it to). i made sort of a short wide "u" shape to hold just the blinkers, zip tied the tag to the blinkers, and 3m double sided taped the stock tag light underneath the tail light. works good till the wheel comes up and bends the tag :) they always bend back good though.

also, there's a pic of my bike's arse end in the "pics of your bike" sticky thread, towards the end.

[ This message was edited by: hoostine on 2007-03-05 11:06 ]

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow!
Thanks guys for all the tips. I'm going to try and mod the stock fender first. That seems pretty easy, and I don't have to buy a thing! Plus I could use the stock white light to light the plate. I will get started on this tommorow. Today is a crazy day in the markets, and I have a few trades on that I need to manage. Manage = lose $$...grrr.

Sweeeeet!!

Mod the Stock Fender

1 - 10 of 10 Posts