Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone done this? It dont seem like it would be that hard, and if I can save a few hundred thats even better.

Pro's and con's about doing it yourself if you have any would be appreciated as well.

Nathan

·
Premium Member
292 Posts
Although I have a proprietary NARK installed I'm trying to build a custom fibreglass real air box. The Triumph air box is a caddy for assorted electrical components - not really a air box at all. I believe in air boxes and I'm hoping to get gains over the no air box route - time will tell. It's not as simple as you would expect but it's definitely doable. More effort equals more reward. Many folks simply modify the stock air box to accept pod filters and seem to be pleased with the results. My proposed air box involves moving all the electrical bits into the cowl of a custom single seat. This gives space to build a proper air box with suitable ducting. Means virtually new wiring loom and many other hassles. We'll see....

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Why don`t you leave all the wiring behind the sidecovers and build the airbox in the cowl? :-D

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah that is a good start, I want to remove the whole thing, not just cut it up, but now I have a lot more ideas of what all is involved.

Thanks,

Nathan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts