Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st of all, big thanks to Steve Larson for answering all of my questions, and just being a great guy to talk with. And a big thanks to Monkeyhanger fer explain'n the db killer removal to me. Just fired up ol' yeller with the newly fitted Zard slipon minus the db killer, and holy sh*t that thang has got some sound to it. :-D Still haven't received my parts from Devi, should be any day now, and I can't wait to hear this sucker out on the road. I'm kinda worried it may be a bit too much. :) Naaaaaah. :-D

[ This message was edited by: cheapbastard on 2006-12-11 09:51 ]

·
Registered
50 Posts
Congratulations!

Will you have to remapp or will it run well with the TORS?

Could you put a sound clip or Video clip ( needless to say with sound) would love to hear it both with and without the DB Killer

·
Banned
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On 2006-12-10 13:07, FINAO wrote:
Congratulations!

Will you have to remapp or will it run well with the TORS?

Could you put a sound clip or Video clip ( needless to say with sound) would love to hear it both with and without the DB Killer
I'm not sure how she'll run with the TOR map yet. Like I said, once I git everything back together on her, she's git'n a good road test! :-D As far as a sound clip, I'll see what I can do. I'm not so sure I know how to do it, but gimme a few days and I'll see what I can figure out. :-D

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
mmmmm..........you said you'd have some pics this weekend........well it's good the bike is coming together at least......... :)

Wait till ya hear the overrun..............pure symphony......

[ This message was edited by: Avi8or on 2006-12-10 14:49 ]

·
Banned
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On 2006-12-10 14:48, Avi8or wrote:
mmmmm..........you said you'd have some pics this weekend........well it's good the bike is coming together at least......... :)

Wait till ya hear the overrun..............pure symphony......
yes Avi8or, I know, it's kill'n me waaay more than you guys not having pics yet. :hammer: :( As soon as I've got her together, I will try to git some video of her going down the road fer you guys, then maybe someone can help me post a stink'n video since I have no clue how. :???: :hammer:

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
hey, I just bought some second hand 05 speed triple parts, freshly powdercoated from a guy in Alabama. Footpegs, heel guards, engine mount, etc. Can't wait to get em on my bike.

Guys name was Devo ...or sumthin like that. :cool:

·
Registered
120 Posts
I ordered a Zard last week, can't wait for it to get here.
How loud is it?
I usually get up early for a blast on Sunday morning ( no cops around) are my neighbours still going to love me, I live in suburbia, neighbours bedroom is adjacent to my garage...

Time for them to move maybe?????

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
On 2006-12-11 03:15, Trumpy1050 wrote:
How loud is it?
I usually get up early for a blast on Sunday morning ( no cops around) are my neighbours still going to love me, I live in suburbia, neighbours bedroom is adjacent to my garage...

Just stick in the dBkiller till you get out on the road. Then just pull it out (it may be a wee bit hot).

·
Registered
95 Posts
As far as the TORS tune is concerned, I'm wondering if Triumph will supply a new tune for the factory Arrow system, which may be more suited to the ZARD slip-on?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Triumph may supply a tune but it might not be ideal 'cause they might decide to keep emissions low.
Wayne's tune rocks for the Zard. (does burn a bit more gas though).

·
Banned
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
On 2006-12-11 07:03, Avi8or wrote:

Wayne's tune rocks for the Zard. (does burn a bit more gas though).
I don't know how many times I've heard how much Wayne's tune rocks, I have to git a f'n Tuneboy key!!! :hammer: :-D

·
Banned
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
On 2006-12-10 22:03, Legman wrote:
hey, I just bought some second hand 05 speed triple parts, freshly powdercoated from a guy in Alabama. Footpegs, heel guards, engine mount, etc. Can't wait to get em on my bike.

Guys name was Devo ...or sumthin like that. :cool:
I think ya oughta send me those as a nice christmas gift leggy! :hammer:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Ohhh Cheap.....How could you? I take my eyes off you and you go out and buy the Zard?! You broke my heart!

But I understand..ITS CHEAPER!

·
Banned
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
On 2006-12-11 10:16, oldsquid wrote:
Ohhh Cheap.....How could you? I take my eyes off you and you go out and buy the Zard?! You broke my heart!

But I understand..ITS CHEAPER!
yeah Bob, these fellers 'round here know, if I would have had the $$$, there's no doubt I'd be running yer exhaust. I really appreciate the offer ya made me on yer proto system :wink: , but I still didn't quite have the funds to back that up. :( Congrats on git'n up on newspeed3.com Wish ya the best of luck Bob, yer a stand up guy. :-D

·
Registered
822 Posts
No way forget the BD killer just push the beast out onto the road. Fire her up and fcuk off double quick.
My Zard seams ultra loud in the early hours of the morning and seams to get quiter as the day progresses.

MH

Cheapb.. Welcome to the Zard club
Check this out. Looks quite like the Art's

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TERMINALI-APE...619QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item300058051091

On 2006-12-11 05:45, Avi8or wrote:
On 2006-12-11 03:15, Trumpy1050 wrote:
How loud is it?

Just stick in the dBkiller till you get out on the road. Then just pull it out (it may be a wee bit hot).

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Worthless without photos you post-hore.

·
Banned
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
On 2006-12-12 06:58, kuhlka wrote:
Worthless without photos you post-hore.
I know Kuhlka, if I ever git my parts back from Devi, I'm gonna post many pics, and try to get a small vid clip fer people wanting to hear the sound. :-D I'm just not too suave on post'n video clips, may need a little help when the time comes.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts