·
Premium Member
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
255 Posts
Sissy Bars

I've been after a sissy bar for about a year. I've seen one, it went for way too much for me. Apparently rocking horse droppings are more common. (Probably cheaper too!)

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
This is one feature that some of the other brands have that I do envy: the easy availability of aftermarket parts. I paid generously for my factory saddlebag bars, but I have them, they are permanently mounted, and that's that. The rarity of our bikes comes at a cost, and that is the price of parts and accessories.

The flip side, however, is that we ride something really unique, and while the general motorcycle masses may not appreciate our bikes, we classic triple owners share something special. At last weekend's Bennington Triumph Bash, there were only two of us riding classic triples, out of probably 100+ Triumphs.

Considering the bigger picture, the rest of the Triumph world is no better off, I think. Living just ten minutes south of the Americade Rally, and having driven through Lake George last evening to see how many Triumphs we could see, the answer is not many. Comparing bike brand numbers to automobiles: HDs are like Chevrolets, Japanese HD clones are like Toyotas, Hondas like, well Hondas, BMWs like BMWs, including the economic status required to own one, and Triumphs like Jaguars, except if Jags came in some reasonably priced models. I am only talking about my region of the world, but this is true everywhere I ride, and not just what I see during Americade.

I am so excited to see the gathering of triples at the Adirondack Classic Triples Rally this summer. It will be so cool to see a bunch of our bikes together in one location.

·
Registered
906 Posts
all too true! we were talking about motorcycle theft in the office yesterday and the guys said i shouldn't have to worry about it. all i said was "there's a million HDs to my Triumph" and they were like "...oh yeah it kinda rare isn't it?" i enjoy the fact that the general public likes their mass produced rebel motorcycle brand cause i'm really the one with the special bike anywhere i go :D

on subject though, i lucked out with an triumph luggage & sissy bar rack plus two helmet locks for $150! the deals are out there, you just have to look beyond ebay for them

·
Registered
145 Posts
I concur...

Paid about $550 US for my TBS solo w/cowl :eek:, but I wouldn't think twice about it, save for Jaguartvr, who's rescued many hopefuls with his smart looking re-pro's! :cool: I'll probably grab one of those rear undertrays, and panel, soon to clean up the back a lil'...

Thunderbird Under tray /fender eliminator.

Thunderbird fender eliminator.
This panel replaces the heavy ungainly rear mudguard. Made up from heavily laid up fibreglass for a very strong panel. By using this panel you keep the plastic section of the mudguard which means that if you have a TBS model you keep the attachment for the adjustable shock. This is the only panel you can get that does this. Much cheaper than any thing else on the market and a faster delivery as well.
Bare panel only £xx
Fitted with rear light, number plate bracket and indicators £xx
Only suitable for sport models and later Thunderbirds and Legends fitted with a bolt on seat.

Small under tray / fender eliminator to replace the heavy rear mudguard. The eliminator just bots on using the existing holes and the rear light and number plate bracket simply bots to the end of the sub frame. Can be used with the solo seat or the standard seat.
Eliminator, light and bracket £xx.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts