Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My family has a Christmas Day tradition of going to see a movie en masse. It's a big deal with everyone meeting at the theater, buying tubs of popcorn and gallon sized drinks before sitting down and escaping reality for a bit. The tradition goes back to my growing up and my own parents taking us out together. I recall watching The Sound of Music, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Oliver, Fiddler on the Roof, and others. Great times.

Not every year's outing has been to watch an epic or classic film. Some have been turkeys, others have been exceptional. The Lord of the Rings Trilogy was exceptional, the Harry Potter series merely OK. As the decision is made by my children with their children, I seldom take the opportunity to add input. Rather, it is my responsibility and privilege to pay for the gift.

This year is different in one respect. I told the family today "We are going to see War Horse. Bring tissue." Those who want to come are welcome, those who want to stay home are also welcome...to stay home. It's been years since I've really wanted to see a movie with this much fervor. I can hardly wait. Here's a link to the trailer...

My question, given the number of blockbusters released in November and December, is what upcoming movie has caught your attention?

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I was a young adult, a friend and I always went to the movies on Christmas Day and then out for Chinese food. We both had messed up families; would take too long to explain here, lol! It was fun for us though.
You may be on to something there Roxy...:D

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Chinese restaurants always seem to be open on Christmas. I'm sure that has to do with different religions, but we were glad to find out there was somewhere to eat dinner.

Actually my ex bf and I were trying to find somewhere to eat one Christmas as well a few years ago, and I told him they would be open. Sure enough they were, and quite busy as well.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Chinese restaurants always seem to be open on Christmas. I'm sure that has to do with different religions, but we were glad to find out there was somewhere to eat dinner.

Actually my ex bf and I were trying to find somewhere to eat one Christmas as well a few years ago, and I told him they would be open. Sure enough they were, and quite busy as well.
We try to reenact at home Ralphie's meals from Christmas Story.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
The kids can go see the Chipmunks and play video games in the lobby until your epic is over. We have always enjoyed the Christmas movie too.

Spielberg has been a busy boy this year with both movies and TV. I want to see Tin Tin too, but here in the States we have to wait until Dec 21. Not often we have to wait, much less 7 weeks.

·
Registered
580 Posts

I have Jewish friends who say that going to a movie and dinner at a Chinese place on Christmas day is a pretty common occurrence amongst members of their faith.

·
Registered
5,735 Posts
The only time we ever did the Christmas movie was when we were trapped at my grandparents house. They didn't now what else to do with us. I always thought it kinda sucked but then the other side of my family always pulls 40 plus people for any event and that is way more exciting than any movie.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts