Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've narrowed done my choices to Hogslayer vs D&D Boss slip ons (not that there are that many choices). I was wondering about a specific comparison between these two? I've listened to sound bites of the two but there are no videos which compare the two side by side. Anybody have any comments? My bike is the 1600.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have the Hog Slayers and the reason I like those is that they DO NOT block the view of the swing arm. It gives the bike a whole new look.

They're bad ass!

AND THEY SOUND FANTASTIC!!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have the Hog Slayers and the reason I like those is that they DO NOT block the view of the swing arm. It gives the bike a whole new look.

They're bad ass!

AND THEY SOUND FANTASTIC!!!
I attached a photo, let's see if it comes through. Here's a good view.

tbird2.jpg

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They look good. I'm looking for a deeper sound but not obnoxiously loud. I always changed the pipes on my Harley's but never went too loud. I'm hoping the hogslayers are what I'm looking for.

·
Registered
86 Posts
They look good. I'm looking for a deeper sound but not obnoxiously loud. I always changed the pipes on my Harley's but never went too loud. I'm hoping the hogslayers are what I'm looking for.
I happen to like the sound because they are not obnoxious. If you're sitting still and you crack into the throttle, it's loud...not unbareable. However when you're at speed they have a great burble/brumble that is really nice and doesn't irritate you.

When you roll on the throttle, SWEET!

Definitely not obnoxious.

Sounds bites on YouTube don't do it justice.

·
Banned
9,598 Posts
Anything with cat removal like the hog slayers is going to be loud. Loud is subjective, so it's hard to say what YOU will think. But suffice it to say a lot of people who for example have TORS tried removing the cat and said it's a lot *louder*. Some went back to the cat because it was too loud. Some people have very different ideas of what loud is and i have seen that here forever. So you gotta hear them for yourself. I don't know if the D&D's are sans cat, but if not then the Hog slayers will be considerably louder according to those who've tried it.

·
Banned
247 Posts
There just to long for my taste. Found these from a gentleman in the U.K.; They got the right sound and are engineered very well.

·
Registered
442 Posts
There just to long for my taste. Found these from a gentleman in the U.K.; They got the right sound and are engineered very well.

I like this pipe all the others are too long for me as well. Hows about a link or something to purchase a set Please??

·
Banned
247 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I have the D&Ds. I like the look better than the Hogslayers, but I am not enamored with their sound. They are not too loud, which I like, but are a little muted.

I all fairness, I have not heard other pipes on the bike and based on the Hogslayer development history, I think it is hard to get a non-muted sound with the cat (Hogslayer didn't like the sound of their first prototype and decided the cat had to go to get the sound they like)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts