Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day All,

Saw the Coocase on Twisted Throttle and thought....Hmmmmm, that looks good.

Trouble is the Ozzy dollar took a hit due to the global financial thingo, so getting it across from the good ol USA was getting expensive once delivery was included.

Found a place in Perth Western Australia. Thought they were worth a mention on this forum for all the Oz Sprint riders.

http://www.motorradgarage.com.au

So, have the Coocase S48 with the SW-Motech adapter on the way..plus they had the Kaoko cruise control, I have a tour coming up...so the Kaoko might come in handy for the ride down to Vic.

Seem like a good bunch...but will post some pic's once the top box is on and give you a review of my experience with the company.

·
Registered
441 Posts
You will love the Coocase. We installed one at the dealership on a tiger last month. The remote is really cool, and the added alarm function is great. The case will easily hold two large full face helmets, although it is a tight fit. The quality of the product, I thought was superior to Givi, and I use a Givi E52 as a top case.

I will try to post some pictures later.

gary

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
Coocase, schmoocase. Thanks for mentioning the Aussie dollar took a hit, I got a Tuneboy on the way! :D

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Registered
764 Posts
I bought my top box and panniers from Bestem on Ebay.

These are GIVI replicas that work really well and are really cheap. They also sell matching liner bags for the boxes as well.

I'll be surprised if you can find hard luggage as good as this for the price.;)

·
Registered
139 Posts
looks brilliant...

I just looked up coocase over here in the UK and found this link:

http://www.triumph-online.co.uk/coocase-astra-48-ltr-two-helmet-top-box-gloss-silver-4451-p.asp

what I am really impressed with is that it seems to cost no more for choosing a gloss silver box. With Givi you normally have to pay a huge difference if you want anything other than standard Matt black.

I'm glad I held off on buying a Givi - I was looking at a the new E55:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ru=http://shop.ebay.co.uk:80/?_from=R40&_trksid=m38&_nkw=190273655437&_sacat=See-All-Categories&_fvi=1&item=190273655437&viewitem=&salenotsupported

but it looks like this coocase comes fully kitted up for a fraction of the price - and with a 3 year warranty! nice.

Does anyone have any experience with the 48L Coocase? would you recommend it? will I be able to fit 2 full face helmets in it??

Thanks in advance.
Jon

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks for the link,
The gear looks good and the prices seem pretty reasonable, a nice set of German made panniers there too for $330.00.

http://www.motorradgarage.com.au/catalog/popup_image.php?pID=287ℑ=0

I have book marked the page.

Cheers,
DaveM
Hey Dave, Those panniers look nice mate.

I'll drop a note once the stuff arrives and give an update on how things went, but the guys I talked with seem cool.

If you give em a call (their number is listed at the bottom of each web page)...they'll give you the delivery charges to Brisvegas.
Cost me $70 for the 48ltr top box, motech adapter and cruise control to South Oz....might be a couple of bucks more to Qld.

The only thing I'm really concerned about is the yelling my wife will do when another part is delivered for my bike....(and I ain't even bought the rear hugger yet)

·
Registered
441 Posts
Here are the pics of the cases. The bike is an 09 tiger with the Givi E41's on the side.

Now closed up close

Case open

Shot does not show it but on the bottom there is a really big block where the electric lock is and where the alarm sits. Oh yeah the case has a remote lock and alarm built in. Be careful with your keys however because the case also auto locks after 12 seconds.

Holding two helmets

Really great stuff for the price. I would buy this over Givi any day of the week. And the Triumph bags don't even begin to compete.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Bestem Link

This is the link to Bestem, some of the best value hard luggage you will find. They come with the LED brake light set up standard.

http://www.bestemtopbox.com/index.php

The T Box is a replica of the Givi E 460 top box. You can mount these as panniers too with the SW Motech quick lock system as per DaveMs link above.

Here is a pic of my bike with a bestem top box and Triumph coated cast rack

·
Registered
139 Posts
I want one of those...

Thanks for the pics Gary,

Looks really good.

It's added to my wishlist!

by the way, did the coocase come with the adaptor plate, or does it have to be purchased separately?

Thanks again

Jon

·
Registered
7 Posts
Coo E48 on my 08 Sprint

My wife got me the E48 for my Sprint from Twisted Throttle. Relatively easy to put on with the appropriate mounts. Finding the brake light wire was a test of hit and miss, but found it.
Haven't got the alarm to go off, and wish it had running lights as well, but the box is big enough for a carry-on on a flight.
Satisfied with this purchase overall now just gotta find a place to get it painted Pacific Blue.

·
Registered
139 Posts
got any pics fugitivedan?

:D

has anyone tried fitting 2 helmets upright in the E48 coocase?

I have a schuberth S1 pro helmet which has very big vents on the top that cause a problem in the GIVI E46 when trying to fit more than one helmet but fits nicely upright in the E52 was hoping this coocase will work, otherwise I may have to go for the much more expensive GIVI E55. That will mean waiting longer 'til I can afford it!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Jon

You will need to buy the Triumph coated cast rack or an SW Motech top box mounting rack and may be need to make an adaptor plate as well.

The Coocase only comes with the universal mounting plate.

Ralphus
Hi Ralphus

Thanks - I have the SW Motech rack with the GIVI adaptor plate at the moment. I'm currently using my old GIVI E52 which has battle scars from an accident I had on my last bike, I want something that will suit the condition of my shiny '06!

I guess the universal mounting plate doesn't slip onto the SW motech, or does it??

·
Registered
441 Posts
by the way, did the coocase come with the adaptor plate, or does it have to be purchased separately?
Coocase comes with an adapter plate that will bolt on to the sw motech plate. And on the Sprint I would use the Sw plate as it looks so much better than the Triumph or Givi one.

has anyone tried fitting 2 helmets upright in the E48 coocase?
I tried putting two helmets in the case with them upright and I could not get them to fit. The helmets shown are both large shell Scorpions, white is an exo-1000, black is an exo-700 and they only as shown. I can try to put an S1 in sitting upright, I just didn't wear mine the day I took the pictures so it was not with me.

And a pic of the Coocase remote. Red key is a Givi, Triumph remote is for an alarm, and other is Coocase remote.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
G'day Everyone,

Well, got it on and it looks good (I think). Should do the trick for touring, along with the Triumph panniers.

Was put on with the SW Motech plate. The Coocase came with a plate that mounted on the SW, but had some fiddling as the back grab rail was getting in the way...l(Long story, but if you get one you'll know what I mean).

You can splice into the Yellow cable, that is the running lights, so the coocase back lights are on all the time. Or splice into the Green/Purple wire and that activates the brake lights.

Where I got the unit from it did not come with a in-line fuse, they reckon its not needed. But I went out a bought one anyway and put a 3amp fuse in...(read that on the twisted throttle site)

All up it worked out ok....another 40 degree Celsius day here in Adelaide, so I just wanted to get it on the bike and me back into the air-conditioning :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts