Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a trailer hitch that I purchased through hitch doc and wonder if the beetle bags would work with this hitch?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorry I don't have an answer to your question, but I am very interested in finding a hitch for my new Rocket. I noticed the Hitch Doc web site doesn't show one for the Rocket or at least I couldn't find it. Is this a new line for them and they just haven't put it on their web site yet or did they have to fabricate it special order for you? I sent the an email but being the week end they haven't had time to respond yet.
:cool:

·
Registered
47 Posts
One thing to keep in mind is that your warranty is voided if you put a trailer hitch on the bike or attach a sidecar. If you can afford to be without a warranty, go for it. I can't, especially with some of the growing pains the R3 seems to exhibit.

·
Registered
623 Posts
On 2007-03-11 10:04, Flip wrote:
One thing to keep in mind is that your warranty is voided if you put a trailer hitch on the bike or attach a sidecar. If you can afford to be without a warranty, go for it. I can't, especially with some of the growing pains the R3 seems to exhibit.
Since your tag indicates you're a member of a state legislature, you may have heard of the Magnuson-Moss act. There are some expensive parts Triumph might legally decline a warranty claim on if it were evident abnormal stress was caused by pulling a trailer, but they can't simply toss your warranty in the toilet because you installed a trailer hitch. For more info you might want to read this.

[ This message was edited by: sbljr on 2007-03-11 15:21 ]

·
Registered
623 Posts
On 2007-03-09 18:50, kingpinnh wrote:
I have a trailer hitch that I purchased through hitch doc and wonder if the beetle bags would work with this hitch?
Corbin would be the party you'd want a definitive answer from before ordering. I've only seen 1 Rocket with a hitch and that was a custom-built made to work with a Unigo trailer. This bike, if I recall, was equipped with the Triumph bags and they posed no problem because all hitch hardware in that area was below and/or behind exhaust. Doesn't seem likely to be a problem unless some part of hitch frame is above the exhaust BUT I'd sure want to confirm with Corbin if they still have a 20% restocking fee for non-defective returns!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
pawpawfrank- I purchased the hitch last year,they had just fabricated it. I checked the web site and they still don't have it listed, e mail themfor info. very easy to install. (four bolts!) works and looks great!

·
Registered
12 Posts
On 2007-03-11 10:04, Flip wrote:
Hi Flip,

What sort of growing pains are you talking about you made a good point about the warranty

1 - 8 of 8 Posts