Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Kigali, Rwanda, and ride a 2010 Scrambler. Several weeks ago, I was hit head-on by a slow-moving truck in my lane on a country road. Somehow, I wasn't injured, but the bike's front forks are a bit bent and it looks like I have some damage to the front disk brake and perhaps a bit of warping on the wheel itself.

I need to order replacement parts to fix the bike, but am not sure how to diagnose properly. Does anyone out there have suggestions as to how to begin determining which parts need replacing?

Thanks in advance for your advice.
Stephen

·
Registered
956 Posts
I live in Kigali, Rwanda, and ride a 2010 Scrambler. Several weeks ago, I was hit head-on by a slow-moving truck in my lane on a country road. Somehow, I wasn't injured, but the bike's front forks are a bit bent and it looks like I have some damage to the front disk brake and perhaps a bit of warping on the wheel itself.

I need to order replacement parts to fix the bike, but am not sure how to diagnose properly. Does anyone out there have suggestions as to how to begin determining which parts need replacing?

Thanks in advance for your advice.
Stephen
Try to find a factory manual and then proceed from there. As a minimum, you are going to be replacing a lot of parts. You might be able to have your forks and front wheel straightened; but, I wouldn't risk it. I would replace all the damaged parts.

I would be particularly careful about checking the frame for damage. You might have put a twist in the steering head.

·
Registered
92 Posts
You need to check the frame. I say this from experience had a slow speed crash (sub 20mph) on my 1966 lambretta insurance ect looked at it blah blah, long story short i rebuilt it and any thing above 40mph it was unridable (before the crash it would top out about 80mph, cruise 60-70mph no problem.)

I wasted a lot cash and time rebuilding a bike that was un ridable. Now noted a motorbike frame is more ridged than a scooter frame but i would hate for you to spend money and time and then find out the rake is messed up either shortened or twisted.

Contact triumph direct, or you triumph dealer. Get the frame checked!!! It could have cracks in it.

If the frame is scrap people make replica norton feather bed frames that take hinkley triumph engine, others make bobber chopper frames that take hinkley engines. You could have the start of a custom bike on your hands!

Sorry to sound down, but check the frame.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts