Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sad news. After 65 days of owning my first beautiful bike an SUV tried to make a left thru me. Lawsuit pending. Thanks to good gear, I am unbroken, but my 09 New Bonneville is a total loss. Now I'm healing and saving for another.

May the riding Gods watch over you as they did me.

Walt

·
Registered
162 Posts
Ouch! Glad you are O.K. I just went through this myself, so I feel your pain. I hope you come out on top, and get back on the road ASAFP!

·
Registered
915 Posts
Walt - Glad that you're ok - that is the important part. Get another bike ASAP and keep on riding. And remember the two rules of riding that I've taught to my kids - 1) they're all out to kill your, and 2) none of them see you. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Very sorry to hear, but really glad you're okay. Remember that there's lot of other bikes out there (to get, that is).

·
30,533 Posts
Man that totally sucks. The number one thing is you made it through it. Work the lawsuit, crush the fecker, and get another bike. Best of luck and good wishes to you - hope you make a full recovery.

·
Registered
866 Posts
That sucks very intensely. 65 days, [email protected]! Not even fully broke in yet. While you work the lawyers, will you be getting any love from your insurance? While getting the other person to pay for their indiscretion is wonderful, you are still bike-less. Thank goodness for good gear. Incidentally, did you go and get a full top to bottom check-up from a doctor. You need to ensure that you are indeed fully in one piece, with no sneaky injuries that could plague you later.
Good luck.

·
Premium Member
4,024 Posts
" I feel your pain"...Its bad enough everywhere else, but the NY Metro area is like a combat zone:p Good luck to you in the furure, get back on that horse and ride:D

·
Registered
101 Posts
Bummer on the TC dude. I'm glad you are unscathed.

How is there a lawsuit if it was a hit and run? Was the perp apprehended? Is so, they should have done some slammer time.

How is your insurance? They should have you back on the street in no time while they go after the perp.

Ride safe! :motorbike2:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thank god you're OK.

Time for some gremlin bells on your next ride. I have 2 on mine!

Heal well, and ride again soon!!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks!

Thanks for the support and well wishes. I may have a new one very soon. Geico took care of it, but I still lose about 1K in the deal. Thanks to a few friends making sure I knew the law, I kept Geico from screwing me out of 2K.
Can't talk about the suit yet, but after doing a flip, I looked up to get the license plate as the car drove off. So keep your fingers crossed.
Meanwhile saving up for another down payment. I just loved that new bonny look and the EFI.

Thanks again,

Walt

·
Registered
10,857 Posts
Be careful about taking the check. You might be waiving your right to sue. Be sure to consult a lawyer about that.

If it were me, I'd be pushing for criminal prosecution too.

·
Registered
80 Posts
ok

good to here your ok, the ahole was probably on the phone thats how i got rearended last year on my bonnie any how get back on her if you have a hard time find a friend to ride with it helps, i hope you get your vrod

·
Registered
8 Posts
Whew

Echoing thoughts of others here. Bikes are replaceable, but people not so much. Glad to hear you're OK, mate.

It's been so damn hot in my town the last couple of weeks I've definitely had days where I didn't want to get into the gear. Thanks for the reminder of how important it is though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts