Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad: I`m fed up with the poor quality of the chrome on my 2007 Scramblers wheels, will the cast wheels from a Bonneville SE fit my Scrambler without any modification? I know the size is OK but what about rear sprocket etc?:confused:

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
The frt wheel is 2" smaller and the speedo drive is on the other side.
Don't know about the rear fit.

·
Premium Member
'08 Bonneville, '14 Thruxton, '17 Thruxton R, '12 Street Triple R, '99 R1100S, '65 Ducati 350
22,997 Posts
Why not change to aluminum spoke rims? Seems like a more viable option than swapping to wheels your bike was never designed for.

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
Send the hubs down to Hagon or Buchannan's in the US and have them lace them to the Excel/Sun rim of your choice with the spokes of your choice.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
2 words .. Powder ....Coat.. ;)

·
Registered
414 Posts
Let us know what you decide Scrambled and at what cost as I'm deciding what to do with mine too...

There's a guy on fleabay that offers to make new alloy wheels, hubs for the bonnie, prob' be the same price as a new set of cast alloy seven spoke wheels from Triumph.

Ben.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Alloy rims, stainless spokes a year ago.Not cheap, but well worth it. I run a 40 year old P5B Rover, the chrome bumpers are good as new. Why can't Triumph do chrome?

·
Registered
110 Posts
I don't have much good to say about the alloy wheels on my '09 SE. I have had alloy wheels on many vehicles over the years but none that seem to corrode as rapidly as these. I spend a great deal of time making sure they are clean, dry and coated with a non abrasive wax. Still have pitting in several areas. Normally I am not all that compulsive about the appearance of m rides but this motorcycle was dream for years before I was able to buy it. I tend to really baby it. I am considering having the wheels powder coated to stop the pitting.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I haven't had any problems with the chrome on mine. last I looked the rims were actually made in Italy. I just try to keep them clean with simplegreen in between washes.
If I were looking for new rims, I think I'd powdercoat them black like stated above. Maybe keep the spokes chrome.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.