Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Captains:
Well, it has been a long time since I posted a request - even visiting the forum. Life has been happening since I was last here. new Bionic Knees installed. Able to leap tall buildings in a single bounce...out run the Rocket... right..
I am in search for the 'BEST' bars that will work for long legged guys, on the traditional 2005 Rocket III. I have the Trim Tab, Beetle Bags, and now need some highway bars and extended pegs for those longer rides.
What should I look for, what are your thoughts, and who has them? In 2005, the bars were not that good. So maybe 5 years later they are better now.
Charles

·
Registered
690 Posts
They are.
The new Triumph bars are as stout as the motor.
Very good.
They also offer a new product, the adjustable highway pegs.
With what I'm guessing is about a 6" variance in the positioning.
Hope this helps ya out.
skip

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SKIP;

Excellent... that is great news. I want to do an extended road trip, but without the bars, it might take it's toll on me. Do you know if the bag bars will work with the Corbin Beetle Bags? Charles

·
Registered
690 Posts
Charles,
IF you're talking about the rear crash bars then yes.
If you're talking about the chrome rails that surround the Triumph leather bags then no.

·
Banned
557 Posts
Double Thumbs Up for the revised bars and adjustable foot pegs! My 40 inch inseam really appreciates being able to stretch out.

Also endorse the Rivco bar risers and Triumph's turn signal mouted air deflectors.

Having the bars up and back about two inches makes a big difference.

Also interested in your experience with the bionic knees as I am also a candidate.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rivco Bar Risers... Please share more on those. I have Corbin's Trim Tab winddeflector and was wondering if that might be a challenge with that installed.
Also, I too have Triumphs Lower's mounted, but have to say that I still get a good amount of upward wind.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Skip, the beetle bags, as far as I know, do not have any crash bars that fit with them on the bike. The adjustable pegs and new crash bars are great.

Dennis

74 dtg Dubai
75 dtg Home

·
Premium Member
3,325 Posts
I have a 2010 Touring, and I can vouch that the crash bar and saddle bag protector bars do what they are supposed to, LOL. I recently foolishly hit the front brake as I was simultaneously turning tight and coming to a stop on a stone parking lot. :eek: Laid her down, but not a mark on the bike. :) And was astounded that I was able to pick her up alone, I couldn't do that with my Harley, which is 250 lbs or more lighter. :eek:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Captains;

Thanks a million for all the feedback and comments. I decided to order the Highway / Dresser Bars from Triumph. They are very stout and with the extensions and foot pegs - they do work very well. Great investment. Now, that I added an 08 RIII Touring to the stable... I am contemplating of moving them from the 05 RIII to the 08 RIII Touring.... Hum.... Have to check to ensure they fit -
Alway's changing things, polishing, cleaning, etc., a Captain's work is never done.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Captains;

Thanks a million for all the feedback and comments. I decided to order the Highway / Dresser Bars from Triumph. They are very stout and with the extensions and foot pegs - they do work very well. Great investment. Now, that I added an 08 RIII Touring to the stable... I am contemplating of moving them from the 05 RIII to the 08 RIII Touring.... Hum.... Have to check to ensure they fit -
Alway's changing things, polishing, cleaning, etc., a Captain's work is never done.

Did you order them from a dealer? If so which one?

We should get together and ride sometime, I'm just down the road a bit.

oldsprint03

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
I ordered my "dresser" bars from my dealership almost a month ago, still don't have them yet. I can't remember the last time i had to wait this long for anything i ordered?!?!:mad:

I just got off the phone with my stealership again, looks like the middle of September before i see them. I even called another stealership near me, same story.. oh well, just sucks i can get parts for my 11 year old metric cruiser quicker than an '09 Triumph.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts