Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there is a sourse for high mount pipes for the early speed triples?, or has anyone bent up their own set?

G

·
What, is the center of gravity too low for you as-is? :razz:

Seriously, the '95 Speed Triple came with what we refer to as high-mount exhausts around here. That is, Speed Triples & Daytonas have different exhaust hangers & higher pipes than Sprints & Tridents. It's a pretty simple affair to switch from factory low-mounts to factory high-mounts, but I'm not aware of any higher options. I also like my pipes down low, so I haven't paid much attention to that stuff. Maybe someone else will chime in here...

Either way, it might be worth getting in touch with Thunderbike in NZ. Do yourself a big favor & get in touch via email: I have free international calling & used it to talk to them. Sort of. Kiwi is supposedly English, but it's not like any English I've heard before!

Cheers,
-Kit

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats a bit more like I am looking for, maybe even a bit higher,,I am thinking of bending up midpipes for it, I wont be able to ride 2up, but since I dont have rear pegs anyway, its no biggie, my pipes flare out now and sometimes I will scrape them on cars when I am splitting lanes, oh and BTW Terry, that can i was asking you about turned out to be a charcoal canister for my cali smog stuff,,,,gone,gone,gone...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts