Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The UK Triumph Website now has details of the 2007 accessories for the Sprint ST, including the new handlebars for 05 & 06 owners and a new 'touring' gel seat.

Am considering both.

Cheers,

Django

·
Premium Member
24,342 Posts
Hi Django,
I have a gel seat on my 2004 model and we love it.
Seats are like tyres a very personal choice and what suits one doesn't necesarily suit another.

I had a set of T bar risers for mine but I sold 'em to Tankman and they fitted his new model just the same.
I prefer my bars as they are out of the box.

cheers,
Davem
:cool:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi DaveM,

Good points - I guess I need to find an '07 to compare riding positions before I buy. The fact is that I love what I've got, but I'm always looking to try and improve.

Cheers,

Django

·
Registered
131 Posts
has anyone seen the specs on the new bars, like how far up and how far back? Talked to one guy who got to sit on an '07 at one of the early shows and said he was pressed to notice a difference.

·
Registered
192 Posts
On 2006-11-16 12:07, Django wrote:

Good points - I guess I need to find an '07 to compare riding positions before I buy.

Cheers,

Django
Any new '07 you'll find in a dealership will have the same bars/seats as your '05 had when new. The risers/seats etc are optional extras here in the UK, but are fitted as standard for the foreign markets.

Tim

·
Registered
354 Posts
On 2006-11-17 09:24, GRN wrote:
has anyone seen the specs on the new bars, like how far up and how far back? Talked to one guy who got to sit on an '07 at one of the early shows and said he was pressed to notice a difference.
I believe it's only like an inch or so, but my wife says that makes a difference! :-D

[ This message was edited by: SoCalSprint on 2006-11-17 23:58 ]

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any new '07 you'll find in a dealership will have the same bars/seats as your '05 had when new. The risers/seats etc are optional extras here in the UK, but are fitted as standard for the foreign markets.
Hi Tim,

I am interested to know where this information comes from as it is not what the factory told me when I phoned and it is not what it says on their UK website. I quote:

"The same high handlebar setup as provided on the 2007 model. . . available as an Accessory kit for pre 2007."

The seat is said to be different too, it has been made 'even comfier' for this year.

Not saying I am right, but just trying to get at the truth.

Cheers,

Django

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hi Tim,

I am interested to know where this information comes from as it is not what the factory told me when I phoned and it is not what it says on their UK website. I quote:

"The same high handlebar setup as provided on the 2007 model. . . available as an Accessory kit for pre 2007."

The seat is said to be different too, it has been made 'even comfier' for this year.

Not saying I am right, but just trying to get at the truth.

Cheers,

Django
No, fair enough man. My info was from a salesman at Pidcocks in Long Eaton who when I asked why the new '07 ST I was sitting on didn't have the revised bars and seat fitted replied that they were options on the UK-supplied bikes but would be OEM for overseas machines. Does your local dealer have an '07 in their showroom?

But if the factory say otherwise, I'd go with that, to be honest.

(And on an associated note, my g/f is very uncomfortable on a 1050 Sprint pillion seat and she's a size 8 slip of a girl. She was more comfortable on the pillion of a Daytona 675! Those new bags prevented her from getting her feet on the pillion pegs properly, as compared to my old school '03 :-D )

Cheers, Tim

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Tim,

No, I've never seen an '07 in the flesh. I guess if you were sitting on one and it had the standard bars, that suggests they are all like that. And perhaps I phrased my question badly when I called the factory.

I will get into the showroom as soon as they have one in. Nothing like actually trying it for yourself!

Thanks,

Django

1 - 10 of 10 Posts