Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to improve high beam headlight? I can't see at night far enough into distance when going downhill around a curve. Have to slow down too much.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hi,
The answer is HID (not legal in some countries) ;) - I've got it in mine on high beam and it works fine.
...or, if You have 05-07 model, then lights from 08+ - more expensive and less effective (IMHO) but legal :)
Some people changes bulbs.

Try to search using word "lights".

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
TNF,

Please read the New member sticky. Most important, tell us what bike you are referring to, as it usually makes a big difference.

As in headlights.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,
The answer is HID (not legal in some countries) ;) - I've got it in mine on high beam and it works fine.
...or, if You have 05-07 model, then lights from 08+ - more expensive and less effective (IMHO) but legal :)
Some people changes bulbs.

Try to search using word "lights".
Thanks i'll look into it. Much appreciated. Sprint st 2007.

·
Premium Member
5,585 Posts
You might also consider Osram NightBreaker replacement bulbs - I did and I can now see where I'm going. Simple bulb replacement and not expensive either

·
Premium Member
24,384 Posts
Welcome mat out

Hi and welcome to the forum tnfleming:)

Could you please introduce yourself to everybody here, it is a bit rude to just land on a board and not do this and start out with a question.:(

Also pushrod has a very valid point, if you put your model Sprint into your sig in the "favourite bike" field then it makes it easier for others to answer your questions as there are naturally diffrerences between models.

Don and I ask all noobs to please read the forum stickies to gain some idea how we run this forum and what the website rules are.:)

Enjoy the forum,
DaveM:cool:

·
Registered
764 Posts
Adjust your high beam

If you have a 1050 there is every chance that Triumph has done a poor job of adjusting the high beam. Mine didn't throw the beam out any further than the low beam.:mad:

I replaced my globe with a HID Xenon 4300K globe and adjusted the beam, it is now a lot better. I can now see a good 150-200m up the road now.:) Peripheral vision is not great as the reflector design does not allow much spread.

The high beam adjustment screw is behind the screen. You will need to remove the screen to do the adjustment.;) I suggest you do this night so that you can keep fiddling until you get it right.

Note: HID takes about 2 seconds to warm up hence the pass light on your motorcycle will be of limited value if you fit HID.

PS: Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
High beam

Thanks to all. These forums are great and your help much appreciated. I have 3 bikes: can am spyder, sprint st, and tiger in that order of purchase.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Mainbeam

I've just finished replacing my main beam lamp with an Osram Nightbreaker. If you take the cockpit fairing off to get at the main beam part of the light assembly (as the owners handbook says to do) watch out for the two concealed bolts under the nose right under the light assembly and be careful of the indicators & the two nuts that fasten them to the fairing - the ones furthest forward are tricky to get at.

Whoever designed a light assembly that needs half the bodywork taken off before you can do a simple lamp swap should be shot.... several times ....slowly!

My wife has kindly pointed out to me that I've got one fastener left over after the extensive afternoon's work...........How kind.:brick:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts