Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife's term..."horrible and Hideous" mixed together....Lost my lunch looking at this thing...started screaming, "MY EYES! OH, MY EYES!!" Don't think the owner was too happy...

My wife said, "Looks like someone likes playing with dolls!" We beat a hasty exit after THAT comment. Fortunately, several other folks were saying similar things, so I didn't get shot! Check out the ASKING PRICE!!! Not sure of the engine...someone said a Honda Shadow 750....

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/mcy/2445604802.html

Maybe there should be an "Ugly Bike" thread?

Derswede

·
Banned
2,731 Posts

Badass.....

·
Registered
964 Posts
Ridley is a brand whose main selling point is that it has an automatic transmission, and it's targeted towards newer, clueless women riders. They sit low to the ground, have smaller displacement engines, and generally have plenty of mechanical issues. The artwork (if you can call it that) seems to have a high degree of workmanship; but is totally lacking in taste. I can't imagine many adult women who would want to ride this eyesore. :Tongue2 ............James.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
For 21K? A $7,500 paint job? Might be able to do a better job with a bunch of stickers from Wal Marts toy dept.

·
Premium Member
13,150 Posts
Does it come with a Goofy-suit ATGATT? 'Coz that's the only way that bike would look cool.

·
Premium Member
13,150 Posts
They should take it to Sturgis. Somebody staggering out of one of the saloons will buy it.
Unless someone staggering out of a saloon doesn't burn it first.

H

·
0 Posts
My, my aren't we all stuffy about Mickey Mouse and his friends today. It is no different than endless other scary paint jobs on the .. other type V-Twin we see at bike shows. Some people like Walt and his friends rather than skulls and naked woman on their bikes.
Ridley is a overpriced but fun little bike and I hadn't heard from those who own one that they had mechanical troubles. Just slow and hard to steer. Seems the other V-Twin company sued Ridley last year for something like the potato, potato sound.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I wouldn't buy that with YOUR Money!

LMAOFOTC

JS

·
Lifetime Premium
1,670 Posts
My 4-year-old daughter absolutely loves it!!!

I wouldn't necessarily say that Ridley is geared towards "clueless" women riders. My wife has a Suzukimatic, because she likes to just twist and go. She was quite distraught to hear the H-D sued Ridley into bankruptcy. My wife can drive a standard transmission car better than pretty much all the men I know.

Ridley did however target women in their designs. 750cc's though is quite adequate for many riders who aren't hung-up on the size matters mindset.

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
I don't even think Orange County Choppers would make a theme bike as ugly as that! And they've made some ugly s**t!

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
I like to blurt out OMG! that thing is HORRIFIC while staggering back making the sign of the cross when I spot something that lame ,

" Turns Heads " ...ya mean like in the Excorcist ?? :eek:

·
Registered
129 Posts
I hate to say this, but if my wife saw it she would probably sell her Bonnie for it she is an absolute Disney Nut!!! She also loves the pink color that its painted. But I won't tell her LOL

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'm trying to come up with words... but all my years of education and experience have left me with nothing but "ewwwww - yuk."

1 - 20 of 25 Posts