Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience with converting halogen to HID? If so, which conversion kit/company would be recommended?

·
Registered
167 Posts
I`ve converter both my twin headlamp nose fairing on my speed triple and also on a 1983 XL600R i have and personally i think they`re great.

Once you find somewhere to hide away the ballast then it`s just a a case of running a direct feed from your battery the the ballast but the kit will come with all the wiring.

You remove your current H4 headlamp bulb and fit the new HID one in it`s place and then attach the new wiring to it. Your old wiring which was being used on your old bulb is then attached to the new wiring as that now only acts as a switch.

Go for a kit with a slim ballast which is rated at 55 watts rather than the lower spec 35 watt versions. As for the bulb then go for an H4 6000K as that`s what i`ve found to be the best.

The great thing is about these conversions is the low amount of power they use (far less than standard bulbs) and the light off them is amazing.

As i`m in the UK then i`ve been using this place but it`ll give you an idea of what your looking for.

http://www.hids4u.co.uk/product.php?productid=153&cat=44&page=1

Cheers, Matt :cool:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts