Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New owner of a 2003 Triumph Bonneville America.

Been riding about 4 years - started out with a 2006 QLink Legacy (250cc), quickly bought a 1990 Kawasaki Vulcan 500 and was quite happy with it (I like older bikes - easier to work on!), but then about a month ago, I came across a 2003 Triumph on Craigslist that was well within my price range (even though I wasn't looking for one... :p ).
It had 5800 miles on it - barely broken in, garage kept, beautifully loaded with Triumph accessories, and extremely well cared for!
While I wasn't the only person to call for this jem, I was the first to show up and I bought the bike that day!

Needless to say, it now has more than 6k miles on it... :D

I'm getting used to taking care of a chain driven bike (the Vulcan is belt-driven) and the size of the America (the Vulcan is about 100lbs lighter and a lot thinner - makes a difference when you are 5'3"/145lb!), but I'm having a lot of fun with it!

I ride with Soldiers Angels, but tend to prefer to ride alone a lot (I tend to wander, so to speak... just ride where wind takes me).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts