Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im new to the site, im from the Philadelphia area and I just recently purchased my first bike which is a 2007 Speed Triple and I love it! Heres some pics of my bike. Everything done to the bike was put on by the previous owner which ironically enough is exactly how I would want the bike to look anyways. Im currently in the process of having it lowered a bit because the bike is a little to tall for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I look forward to being a member on here, maybe ill learn a thing or two!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Welcome mate,looks like a nice speedy,how do you find the riding position with the clip ons?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome mate,looks like a nice speedy,how do you find the riding position with the clip ons?
Haha Thanks guys I am safe on it though, I treat it like a gun. Slow easy pull on the trigger and only pull it if your ready to destroy something. I actually ride it just fine with my height disadvantage lol im around 5'8 5'9 so its not terrible , it can be a little rough on the ego when trying to back into a space but that should be taken care of soon once its lowered.

Riding with the clip ons is fine for around 15 minutes then my right hand falls asleep. however it is getting easier the more I ride, initally my hands back and neck were all sore after riding. I just rode from the philly airport to manayunk which is a pretty good distance and when I got off the bike my body felt alot better than when I first started riding i suppose im just getting used to it

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is that people years or Mod years ? I hear mod years are equal to dog years ? ;)

Welcome , ease into it and you will be good. The local version of MSF is always a good idea. that's a good looking ride.
Im actually signed up next month to take the PA course, I convinced my old man to sign up with me too

·
Super Moderator
22,198 Posts
...I actually ride it just fine with my height disadvantage lol im around 5'8 5'9 so its not terrible...
You must be short legged/long torseau - you have 2-3" on me in overall height!

I don't even try to back up - just get off it, it's not worth the hassle to try otherwise
Or better - back into downhill parking spaces for easy in & out! :p

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lol well im pretty much built like a fire plug. I get off the bike and walk it back when I need to. I bought the lowering link from Soupys Performance (beware that guy is a dick).

·
Registered
175 Posts
You americans have crazily stupid laws, that allow people to jump on whatever bike you want once you get a license! We are restricted to a 250 initially over here. I think it's good to do your 'penance' on the smaller bikes. Teaches you a lot and you can't get in trouble as easily.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I put about 6000 miles on my Vespa GTS250 before buying my S3. The bike itself is obviously different but the principles are the same. The smaller bike first thing makes sense to me.

·
Registered
160 Posts
You americans have crazily stupid laws, that allow people to jump on whatever bike you want once you get a license! We are restricted to a 250 initially over here. I think it's good to do your 'penance' on the smaller bikes. Teaches you a lot and you can't get in trouble as easily.
Not really. It helps aid in Darwinism and weeds out the S.Q.U.I.D(super quick until I die) riders. :p

The only downside is our super high insurance rates on "sport" bikes. A Daytona 675 is almost 2.5x more for me to insure over the S3.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have never heard this before , could you explain further?

I am 6' with a 30" inseam. Just gotta get off when I need to , observers be damned
Eh I had decided a few weeks back not to use the lowering link and just get a lowered seat however I continuously emailed him to talk to him about a parts return and he pretty much never answered and when he finally did he was just kind of rude about the whole thing. wont be shopping from there again.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well In Pennsylvania thats what they have the safety course on, 250's. I guess you just have to be a level headed person. Im a grown man myself so I have better sense than to just goose the throttle knowing not alot about riding , but others not so much common sense lol.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Congrats, SWEEEET 1st ride!, def keep it mello at least until you finish the MSF. But sounds like you have a balanced head on your shoulders and know your limits :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts