Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched the posts looking for a schematic. . . .but I just got my engine covers from Triumph replacing my old ones 2006 Bonnie(Triumph is a pretty good company because they were technically out of warranty), but I was in a huge hurry taking them off. Of course I proceeded to spill oil all over my garage in my haste but that's not my issue.
I took the alternator cover off and there was a plate retainer(?) held on by an allan bolt there and a round steel tubular thing almost like a bearing with a crimped washer or retainer clip. I was in such a huge hurry but I assumed I'd remember how it all went back together. Well after a week, I don't now. I feel pretty dumb because I know better than to assume things like that. If anyone could post a description or pic or a drawing or link, that'd be great. Also what's the consensus on using gasket seal? And do I need to loktite the screws holding the clutch assembly inside the clutch cover?
Don't beat me up too badly about this! Who hasn't done something like that?

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
I've searched the posts looking for a schematic. . . .but I just got my engine covers from Triumph replacing my old ones 2006 Bonnie(Triumph is a pretty good company because they were technically out of warranty), but I was in a huge hurry taking them off. Of course I proceeded to spill oil all over my garage in my haste but that's not my issue.
I took the alternator cover off and there was a plate retainer(?) held on by an allan bolt there and a round steel tubular thing almost like a bearing with a crimped washer or retainer clip. I was in such a huge hurry but I assumed I'd remember how it all went back together. Well after a week, I don't now. I feel pretty dumb because I know better than to assume things like that. If anyone could post a description or pic or a drawing or link, that'd be great. Also what's the consensus on using gasket seal? And do I need to loktite the screws holding the clutch assembly inside the clutch cover?
Don't beat me up too badly about this! Who hasn't done something like that?
Never fear sir.
Go to bikebandit.com and look up the exploded parts diagram. It remind you how it goes back together.

clicky!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks but I did that and it doesn't seem to be there? Maybe it goes on the clutch side I don't know, the diagrams aren't too clear. It's a polished steel tube about a half inch diameter but it's inside diameter is about 3/16 an inch or so. (maybe I should be using metric here). It's also about an inch and a half long. It has a crinkled washer (retaining clip?) that went with it. I remember that.

·
Registered
8,877 Posts
that sounds like the starter idler gear shaft and wave washer thats under the clutch cover it goes in the gear the washer goes between the gear and the clutch cover.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts