Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys im looking to buy a 09 D675 can u give me any advice on what to
look for and what should i get for the bike . I leave in NY. THNX for your time.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Look for a second job, because once you buy it, you will want to take it to the racetrack. Once you take it to the racetrack, you will be addicted. Once you get addicted to TRACK, you will spend more money playing on your motorcycle than you knew was humanly possible!

They are great bikes! I have two...

Welcome!

TripleThreat

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
THNX For your reply. what Exhaust do you recommend.
Depends... What is your goal in terms of a different exhaust?

Sound Quality
Horsepower gain
Weight Gain

If you are after sound quality and retain the EOM look, I'd look at the Triumph TOR

Minor weight loss, horsepower gain and sound quality, I'd look at the Arrow slip-on

Major Weight Loss with Sound quality and horsepower gain combined, I'd go with the Arrow full system

TripleThreat

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THNX for the info. I went to rockwell cycles and they told me that they can get me an 08 for about a thousand less than 09. I know there R some changes for the 09. Do u think i should go for it, R just get the 09?

Oh and i think ill go with the Arrow :)

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
It all depends on your finances and how bad you want the improvements that are a part of the '09 model.

Extra HP
Higher Rev Limit
Better Brakes
More Adjustable Suspension
New Cockpit Design
Plug-n-play Quickshifter
Lighter Exhaust (even the stock exhaust has been lightened)

If I were buying, I'd personally opt for the '09, but it would end up on the track where I could exploit the improvements. If you only plan to ride on the street, the changes won't be noticeable in every day riding.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well i have to say THNX again for your time. I will go with the 09.
The price Diff is worth the upgrades.

·
Super Moderator
8,474 Posts
:p I am exactly the opposite. I would buy the '08 and spend the other grand on track time. I'm not a good enough rider to know the difference 5 hp makes, nor would I be able to feel the difference in brakes. I have never felt any fade or other issues from Triumph brakes. Suzuki brakes, on the other hand...:eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts