Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

My name is Richard, from Yorkshire (England) but living in Wales. I'm the wrong side of 50 and have been riding since the age of 17. I have never owned a Triumph motorcycle, but from next week I will have one. I am selling my Honda Pan European 1300 and buying a 2005 Bonnie. I also have a trailbike (Yamaha XT600E) as a hack.

I am moderately capable on the mechanical side, and I'm looking forward to chatting with people on here and getting some useful info. In return, I may be able to offer something based on years of mistakes. "I make 'em so you don't have to."

I've had a browse of the site and it seems excellent, so - here goes.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Welcome

I am based in mid Wales but lived in West Yorkshire for many years.

We have a very active RAT pack based on Bevans in Cardiff but go all over the UK and even Europe and USA. Have members from all over south, mid and west Wales and even some fro England. http://www.bevanmc.co.uk/rat_home.asp

·
Registered
580 Posts
Hi Richard,

I just posted a reply to Belton's thread -"South Wales".
I should be in Cardiff sometime in August to visit my folks. Would be great to meet up and get a ride in.
Congrats on the Triumph, what are you getting?

·
Registered
672 Posts
Shwmae black dog plus the other Welsh boyos, I bought my Tiger from West wales about a fortnight ago from Garlands.

As Mano Said, we should arrange a meeting

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shwmae black dog plus the other Welsh boyos, I bought my Tiger from West wales about a fortnight ago from Garlands.

As Mano Said, we should arrange a meeting
That's where I am getting the Bonnie from! Small world, eh? Yes, we should meet up sometime. Swansea's only 3/4 hr from here.

Epynt1050: I have been given the forms to join the Triumph Owners MCC, not sure if that is the same as the RAT pack (excuse my ignorance), and they meet up in Llandissilio every two weeks, which is fairly close to me. Cardiff is a good 100 miles from here :(

Mano: Should be around in August, so PM me nearer the time and I'm sure we could meet up for a mug of cocoa somewhere. There are some awesome roads N of Cardiff. It's a standard 790 Bonnie, 2005 (55 plate) in Silver. TOR cans, NH rearsets, nice bike.

Thanks for the welcome, all.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
I have been given the forms to join the Triumph Owners MCC, not sure if that is the same as the RAT pack
RATS and TOMCC are different. RATS is sponsored by the Hinckley factory for Hinckley Triumphs.
TOMCC (Triumph Owners) caters for all Triumphs, 1936 on.

Bevans RATS have members from all over Wales and even some from England. Check the website and you will see that ride outs cover all of Wales, England and beyond - some are weekends and even longer. I live almost as far away as you do but there are usually additional meeting points that would be closer to you depending on the run. This year include weekends in Devon, Bala, Much Wenlock, Cumbria, New Radnor, Brecon as well as a 10 day trip to Sardinia (fully booked)

·
Registered
580 Posts
Mano: Should be around in August, so PM me nearer the time and I'm sure we could meet up for a mug of cocoa somewhere. There are some awesome roads N of Cardiff. It's a standard 790 Bonnie, 2005 (55 plate) in Silver. TOR cans, NH rearsets, nice bike.

OK Black Dog, will let you know in August.

·
Registered
251 Posts
do we have a welsh get together then, i'm from mid wales, now running a converted daytona asa speed triple.

i do like bonnies thruxtons etc

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I won't have the Bonnie for a week or so. The Pan's on eBay and finishes next week, then there will be all the hassle of getting the money before I can take delivery of the new one. But after that, great - I'm up for a meet most times, as I am not working right now. Heading towards mid-Wales might be the best, as it makes the distances a bit more even.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Perhaps meet in Llandovery and have a look round Llyn Brianne? I haven't been there for a long time, but I did a rideout there with some IAM guys a few years ago and there were some brilliant roads.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, that's three of us - me, Belton, Triple595, four if you include mano when he gets over here.

Is there a rideouts thread we can use for this? (Haven't been right round the site yet.)

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1 - 20 of 20 Posts