Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I just picked up a Black 2009 S3 with a few mods and low miles.

I have been lurking around the forums for a little while and have read/learned a ton of useful info. Thanks to all that have contributed!

My last bike was a 2004 Victory Vegas that was a dream to ride on the open highway, but it was a little too much bike for everyday around town riding. Alas, it was taken away from me in 2012 when a distracted cager decided that he needed to pass the SUV that was in front of him (SUV was yielding to me as I had right of way) and t-boned me in an intersection. It had 60k miles on it at that time. I loved that bike.

Ffwd 2 1/2 years and and a few surgeries later, it is time for another ride. I have really been evaluating my needs the last couple of years. I came across a decent deal on the S3 and pulled the trigger. It puts a big grin on my face just looking at it. And when I get on it?! WOW!

Anyway, it is very cold here in my neck of the woods. I only have about 5 miles of riding on it due to the weather and the fact that I don't have the proper riding gear for this type of bike/time of year. Some of my cruiser gear will work, but most of it will not be appropriate for this style of riding.

I have already dropped a big chunk of cash for some sport gear and am waiting for it to get delivered. It may get above freezing here this weekend!

I just wanted to check in and say hello. I'm not usually a big forum poster. I prefer to read more than write.

Hope to see some of you on the road one day!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Way to return

Wow -

It's not easy to come back to riding after a wreck.

Especially if you were away for a couple years.

Good on ya. Take it slow.

My first time back my jaw hurt from clenching my teeth in my helmet. It got easier and it got fun again.

You will never get past the constant looking around to see if it's going to happen again but that's a nice safety feature.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes. The test ride on the S3 was my first time back on a street bike. I must admit that I was a little nervous about getting back in the saddle. Fortunately, I also have a KTM dirtbike that I ride single track and some armature enduro desert racing on. It has kept me from completely forgetting what it feels like to be on two wheels.

I did feel the slightest hesitation as I was pulling out into traffic though. My mind was second guessing itself on almost every bit of data that was running through it. I hope that will go away or lesson as I get more saddle time.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome! Lots of terrific roads in noUtah. Been on most of them. Enjoy!
I am assuming that you are in the Vegas area?

I have family in Vegas. We are discussing a possible trip down there on the 7th of Feb to do some riding. My sister rides an R1 an my nephew has a Hayabusa.

I have ridden in and around the Vegas area quite a bit. The Victory Motorcycle Club has an annual meeting in Laughlin in February every year. Fun times!

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts