Triumph Rat Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I have been looking at a 04 955i daytona in bright yellow it has 40000km and just had 40k service has an upgraded regulator ss swingarm high mount off road silencer looks very neat and tidy
the thing is everytime I read a report on the triumph 955i daytona bike there is always a BUT as in great handeling great power great ride BUT as if there is an inherited electrical problems ie charging, computer, dash, wires frying the But is the only thing stopping me from biteing the bullet and getting it
Craig:confused:

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
Craig, The same design of regulator/rectifier was used by many brands of motorcycles of the era, so really no worse in that aspect. If the yellow D955i has been upgraded to a MOSFET R/R there should be no problems. The ECU is a pretty strong unit with very few problems. Display issues are more commonly associated to low battery voltage events and a pesky speedo diagnostic that was removed well before '04. Wiring problems were often related to the OEM R/R, again like other brands.

Brad

·
Registered
865 Posts
I have an '04 Crankry and yup I had to do the R/R upgrade. Well DEcosse did all the work I just bolted and plugged everything in, but really that's the only trouble other than the normal wear & tear. The odometer turned just over 61k and it's still run's strong.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the bit of reassurance and you definatley cant compare US and Au prices we get ripped off no end as an example I recently bought a full laser system for my bmw r1200s from the US with postage insurance and customs import duty it came to a little over $2000 to buy the same in oz it was $4500 even tyres buy direct from US with postage they turn up at your door at about 1/2 price thanks for all your imput Craig

·
Premium Member
24,354 Posts
the asking price is $6000 negotiable it seems a fair price down here in oz
Hi mate I have an 04 in Tornado Red and have it recomplianced as a solo seat job.
That is a reasonable price.

I bought mine 4 years ago with 9000kms on it in perfect condition for $10k with a warranty, new race tyres 10k service, new battery etc.

What Brad said pretty much nailed it.
I love mine a great bike with character.

Cheers
Dave

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
363 Posts
You can say that about ANY vehicle, its great BUT...

Every single vehicle ever made has a weak point, something that fails most often, its the nature of a machine.

The D955i is a reliable bike, I daily ride mine, for nearly 2 years now, 7k miles, not a single issue since I repaired what the previous owner had done to it 2 years ago.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts